Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Pack
Canada
Nanaimo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It is a quick game... but I don't think it's too quick. I think it's the quick game, that packs a good punch of depth and strategy. It's nice to be able to play it two or three times in a night, and see how different the outcomes can be for a game that has no luck\random factor.

Who needs time to build alliances, it's all for one. I'll use someone to my advantage if they're going to help my investments. And ensure I'm invested (at the right time, for the right price) in the company that is just about to thrive to make sure I get a cut of profits.

I love the game as it is. I do sometimes think at the end of the game "wow it's over, it hasn't been even an hour", but it's always because it's enjoyable and I want more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmarques1982 wrote:
After 3 games, I had the impression (another impression! ) that the game is too short for what it is. It seems to have a hidden potential that never really arises simply because things are too fast.

Buying shares is so easy and quick that it seems like there is no time for alliances to be formed and destroyed. A history that could be told never will because the game will end before the story starts...

Is it just me?

Yes, this is a symptom of the players, not the game.

If shares are getting bought out that quick, then it is highly likely that at least one player is playing sub-optimally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garcian Smith
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As said previously, it's the actions of the players that makes the game short or long... so blame thyselves.

The shortest it could end on is dividend 2 with 2 reds, 3 blues and 1 black going out. My games usually end on dividends 4 and 5. And there is plenty of time for alliances to be formed. Just look at shares and determine alliances. If you have an equal amount of shares in 1 company with another, chances are that you guys can both work together and build the same rail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you feel Chicago Express is too short, perhaps you should give Pampas Railroads a go. It's similar, but loses the other ending conditions and keeps the fixed turn amount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.