Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that having a project really enriches my life, whether writing a novel, making a game, or some other creative outlet.

For the last few months my project has been to retheme the card game Barbarossa (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/72809/barbarossa) using images and concepts from the video game/anime Valkyria Chronicles. Barbarossa is a great game, but I never get to play it because my favourite gaming buddies are not fans of saucy wehrmacht panty art (I know, right! What's up with them?)

I've finally completed the retheme (plus a few minor additions, such as rolling in some cards from the first expansion, El Alamein, and adding a card pool randomisation mechanic).

I've posted a selection of some of the card images below. I'm quite pleased with how they've turned out, and am looking forward to getting physical copies printed out. I'm not so much looking forward to cutting the copies out.

However - I have been thinking about how I can glue a bunch of rulers together to make a card slicing guide device thing... Perhaps that will be my next project!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Brodeur
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow OH wow!

your work is awesome!!

I don't know what this game is but knowing you did a redesign for it really makes me want to play the game!

You did awesome work!

keep going with more projects. that's what I do as well! My next game will be a Mario Brothers theme for Robot Rally (with new cards and different boards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.