Subject: Thoughts about removing knights? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played yet, but am curious for feedback from those who have. How would the game go if the knights were removed from the game, turning it into a pure multiplayer solitare experience? Any thoughts appreicated, like would it throw off the number of cards in the game, etc. (no need for the pre-requisite "why would you want to do that?", since I think we can all agree that while some hate the idea of non-interaction, others appreciate playing a game where they can build in peace )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, nevermind. We just played our first game with knights, HATED it (it's a really great game, but just not for us), tried taking the knights (and the other plentiful attack cards) out, played again, and the game became way to simplistic.

Ah well, another game for the trade pile!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I help designers improve their games.
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Actually, nevermind. We just played our first game with knights, HATED it (it's a really great game, but just not for us), tried taking the knights (and the other plentiful attack cards) out, played again, and the game became way to simplistic.

Ah well, another game for the trade pile!

If you cut just the knights (but not the disrupting cards that affect all opponents, like King's Tax and Famine), you get an OK light engine building game. But it's the knights that make the game really work, since they force you to think about robustness of your engine as well as raw efficiency.

If you don't like the knights, then you should probably move on to another game. Seeing as we are currently sold out, hopefully you'll get something good in the trade!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, we've put it up in a maths trade. Really liked the game quite a bit, but just not a good fit for my wife and me! But I'll find it a good home!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.