Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have just recently played the Wabash Cannonball app on my iPhone and found it well executed and entertaining. Now I am considering to buy the board game.

Is the app a 1:1 conversion of the board game?
Are there (rule wise) any differences between Chicago Express and Wabash Canonball?
Asuming language does not matter - which edition should I get?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Rosgen
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
The two games are the same, up to an extremely minor difference. If I recall correctly the Chicago bonus dividend is rounded up in Wabash and down like every other dividend in Chicago Express.

Which edition to buy comes down to availability and your preferences for artwork. I prefer the Winsome artwork for functional reasons but I believe that this is a minority position. The Winsome edition will likely also be much harder to find.

(Edit: I missed your other question. I think the iPhone app exactly conforms to the Wabash rules, but I'm not sure. Certainly there are no major changes to the game.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludwig Seitz
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've played the app 20+ times and I'm pretty sure there are no differences to Wabash Cannonball.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Vandertol
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you, now remain in my love. You did not choose me, but I chose you, and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit, fruit that will last. -- Jesus Christ
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this iOS app ... anyone know if the developers are considering making an 18XX app?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Patten
United States
Cypress
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
No, no, I'm fine. How are you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Mixo wrote:
Hi,

I have just recently played the Wabash Cannonball app on my iPhone and found it well executed and entertaining. Now I am considering to buy the board game.

Are there (rule wise) any differences between Chicago Express and Wabash Cannonball?
Assuming language does not matter - which edition should I get?

Go for Chicago Express and pick up the expansion Chicago Express: Narrow Gauge & Erie Railroad Company (which the app does not include, though I'm ever-hopeful). Like others have said, the graphic design and the rounding of one stock are the only differences, and CE is much easier to obtain.

I hope you enjoy it. Messing with other human players in this game is much more entertaining than an AI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
Myok wrote:
Mixo wrote:
Hi,

Are there (rule wise) any differences between Chicago Express and Wabash Cannonball?
Assuming language does not matter - which edition should I get?

Go for Chicago Express and pick up the expansion Chicago Express: Narrow Gauge & Erie Railroad Company (which the app does not include, though I'm ever-hopeful). Like others have said, the graphic design and the rounding of one stock are the only differences, and CE is much easier to obtain.

I hope you enjoy it. Messing with other human players in this game is much more entertaining than an AI.

As far as I can tell, the app does not count the number of houses left in the supply - I think it has an unlimited supply. Of course, the game ending by running out of houses is pretty rare anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.