United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered all the reinforcement packs in one fell swoop. I noticed that the two factions in the pack are not equally distributed. For example, in Goodwin's Blade, Fallen Kingdom gets only one champion while Vanguard gets 3. I haven't checked the other reinforcements but is this a theme? What is the reason to not build factions equally?

Also, I thought these packs would add alternate summoners to the pool...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Eden
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each faction you bring to the battlefield should contain 3 champion units and 18 common units, including your start setup. So with 3 new champions, you get 6 to chose from, but you still only put 3 in your deck.

The difference between Fallen Kingdom and Vanguards is just about your options, not about your final deck.

New summoners have been advertised, but I think they will wait until there are 16 factions with reinforcements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if that's what he was referring to... if it wasn't, the Fallen Kingdom and Jungle Elves both sacrifice some Champs in their reinforcements for extra commons. I'm not sure what the count is but I think it's like 15 commons and 1 Champ instead of 10 commons and 3 champs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, after having looked at each pack individually, I only noticed it on FK and JE. With the game seemingly champion driven, I'd have rather had equal distribution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
Yes, after having looked at each pack individually, I only noticed it on FK and JE. With the game seemingly champion driven, I'd have rather had equal distribution.

Not all factions are champion driven.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And apparently FK and JE are two of such factions. I guess I just don't completely understand why yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sitz
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original 3 Champions for the JE are all very good. I don't think they really needed 3 more. Having some options for beefier commons is pretty neat though.

For the FK, having more different commons available in their discard is pretty cool, since Ret can raise any of them.

I think the simplest reason is, "this is what Coby designed."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the Reinforcement Packs give a faction 3 new Champions and 5 each of 2 new Commons. But 2 of the factions (Fallen Kingdom, Jungle Elves) get 1 new Champion and 5 each of 3 new Commons. I can only reckon that it's a case-by-case decision about what the nature of each faction's reinforcements will be. This makes sense since different factions have different strengths and needs. I imagine that there will be some variety in future reinforcements as well.

As Patrick said, new summoners will not come until much later. First, the Master Set has to hit the store shelves in October; then there will be Reinforcements for those 6 factions; and mixed in there will be the final 2 factions and their reinforcements. New Summoners with their Events probably won't appear until at least late 2012.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sitz
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barliman wrote:
New Summoners with their Events

When new Summoners come out, they'll also each have 3 new commons and 3 new champions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jexik wrote:
When new Summoners come out, they'll also each have 3 new commons and 3 new champions.

Excellent!!

I imagine you playtesters having been seeing some of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.