Subject: Diamond Raven Shrine question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete S
United States
MACUNGIE
PA
flag msg tools
Check out my shop at BoardGameBoost.com!
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

I really love this game - it's great fun with plenty of tough decisions!

Quick question on the Diamond Raven Shrine (shown here http://boardgamegeek.com/image/873070/the-mines-of-zavandor): my wife and I were trying to agree on what this card does, but couldn't. Does it mean that once activated on its first upgrade, that:
1) other upgrades ON THAT CARD can be completed with 2 VP, rather than 2 diamond cards?
2) that your base clan on your player board can be improved using 2 VP?
3) something else?
4) Additionally, the card graphic shows 2 VP = a card, so does that mean that one of the cards normally being auctioned off can be purchased for 2 VP, from the top of that track's respective deck (that being the left-hand column)?

I hope someone knows the official answer. Thanks very much for your help!
-Pete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ishai BD
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not official, but here is my understanding:

3) something else: Once activated on its first upgrade (or more), every time during your upgrade phase you can spend 2 VP tokens to buy any of the 4 cards in the left most column.

If you note that at the end of the Auction phase you clear the right column of whatever is left in it, move cards from the middle to the right column and also move the top cards from the left column to the middle one, then this means that:
With this card, during the upgrade phase, at the cost of 2 VP you can purchase a just revealed card that will go into the normal auction in 3 more turns.

You can do this once per turn if you have the 2 VP and this card is activated at least once (including the turn in which you first activate this card).

Note that the diagram is just a reminder or shorthand for what the text means: 2 VPs for a card (before anyone can even try to buy the card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As the designer of MoZ I can confirm the above post. Thank's for the good explanation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete S
United States
MACUNGIE
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thank you both very much for clearing this up for me - I appreciate the thorough explanation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.