Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys - three really quick (and probably silly) questions.

1) Can a defending ship in a combat make a power allocation (aside from playing any cards that may allow her to do so)

2) When you attack someone, must they be on the same location (hex) as you, or simply an adjacent one?

3) Can you play Crew cards (as crew, not as ops or whatnot) during a systems test as your alloted command card?

Thanks so much for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Power Allocations and Combat Actions
bchlax944 wrote:
Hey guys - three really quick (and probably silly) questions.

1) Can a defending ship in a combat make a power allocation (aside from playing any cards that may allow her to do so)

No, only on your turn.

Quote:
2) When you attack someone, must they be on the same location (hex) as you, or simply an adjacent one?

Same location

Quote:
3) Can you play Crew cards (as crew, not as ops or whatnot) during a systems test as your alloted command card?

I don't see why you couldn't though in practice you will probably play crew cards at the start of your turn.

Quote:
Thanks so much for your help!

You're welcome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Power Allocations and Combat Actions
Thanks for the help! You rock

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for 3) i dont think you can play crew cards (assign the crew part of a card to the ship) as your allowed command card during a test.

command cards played during a test must at least modify that test.
but also in the rules for calculating the outcome, they mention the played command card and crew effects seperately which reinforces the thought that you cannot assign crew to a ship as part of a system test.

it seems logical to assign crew before you take any action/test.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.