Hide
3 Posts

Kahmaté» Forums » Variants

Subject: FlyHalfs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David McKenna
msg tools
Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?
mbmbmbmbmb
In conjunction with this variant re Conversions, I would also suggest introducing a new player type to replace one of the 'normal' players: a FlyHalf.

This player may kick the ball 4 squares instead of the normal 3, and adds 1 to the roll when attempting a conversion, but suffers a -1 penalty when attacking.

[note: I'm not sure whether that penalty is strong enough: further playtesting required!]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Are conversions in Rugby that hard. In our variant, we play 2-5+ while that variant makes the difficulty 3-6+. what do you think?

I will ask my son if he wants to try the Flyhalf. I wonder of the penalty is not too soft.

Can you use him for every conversion or only when he scores the try. Sorry, not enough Rugby to watch here. I wish there was more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McKenna
msg tools
Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen plenty of professional players miss conversions (or them bounce off the posts), so I think 3 to 6 would be about right. The other thing is, with the FlyHalf bonus and using a 2 to 5+, that means that he automatically would score any conversions for a try under the post.

I was also thinking that the player who scored the try had to attempt the conversion (NOT like real rugby, I know).

Have fun, and feel free to make any suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.