Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a huge supply of these cards when the game first came out, but they were lost (or stolen by a roommate) in a move.

I visited the Chaosium Booth at GenCon this year and they had all the books they have ever published available because of the 30th Anniversary of Call of Cthulhu. I bought the "Art of Playing Mythos" book for nostalgia purposes because the cards are really too expensive to try to find to buy. I told this to the guy at the booth and he turned around and it was Charlie Krank!

He listened to my sob story about losing my cards and not being able to find more and reached under the table and pulled out a little box with 50-something boosters from different sets. He sold them to me for $2 a piece and took my address, promising to send me some investigator cards. I also got him to sign my book and the Chaosium location card from one of the Aeon boosters he sold me! I haven't heard from him and don't want to impose more on him. He probably lost my address or forgot what he had it for.

Could anyone send me a geekmail with some investigator stats? I've been able to make some decks out of the boosters (not easy) to be able to show the game to some people, but I don't have any investigator cards. I know how the stats work and have thought about just trying to make some up myself. But if anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. And I don't think Charlie would mind. I give you my word this isn't for any profit; I'm just looking to play this great game again after it was taken away from me and introduce it to some new people. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Charlie is a very cool guy, by the way...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if you want a penultimate collection, I happen to know a guy with....

2800+ Mythos cards.

Cards are virtually all unplayed. Complete sets up to (but not including) New Aeon. Most unplayed, well-sorted in durable card box with thick plastic card dividers dividing card types.

You get:
4 of each card for the Mythos Standard Edition Set.

Minimum 1 and up to 4 of each card for the other sets:
* Expeditions of Miskatonic University
* Cthulhu Rising
* Legends of the Necronomicon.
* Dreamlands
* Mythos: The Dreamlands

All investigators, unfolded, for all sets (excluding New Aeon).

6x Dreamlands deck boxes (empty individual deck box for storing your decks in)
2x Mythos deck boxes (empty individual deck box for storing your decks in)
3x Mythos Rulebooks
5x Dreamlands Rulebooks
3x Rulebooks from Standard Edition (the larger rulebook)

Value estimate: This game's popularity has ensured that 15 card boosters still go for over $3 on eBay. That would make this roughly $560 worth of cards. And that's not counting the fact that this has already been weeded to have no more than 4 of each card.

--
Or I could probably come up with scans if you can wait a while. You'd have to tip my wife though since she'd be doing the scans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you're into New Aeon, there's a pretty big set on eBay right now.

URL isn't working but go to eBay.com and enter into search the item number: 300594950566
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KakarisMaelstrom wrote:
And if you're into New Aeon, there's a pretty big set on eBay right now.

URL isn't working but go to eBay.com and enter into search the item number: 300594950566

Thanks, Justin! I am not really looking to replace my collection. I really doubt I could afford it. I would just like to be able to play with the cards Charlie was able to give me and I don't have investigators. I know they have an Education rating, Sanity start and minimum/maximum hand size.

I just want to be able to play with what I have, and I need investigtor stats to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 40 38 different Investigators, including the ones that came with the Standard Edition set. In other words, there are 20 double-sided cards.

Give me a few minutes...

PM Sent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozludo wrote:
There are 40 38 different Investigators, including the ones that came with the Standard Edition set. In other words, there are 20 double-sided cards.

Give me a few minutes...

PM Sent

Thank you, sir! I consider this a personal favor and am humbled by your kindness!

Thanks also to Gunther Schmidl! Blessings to both of you!

Ed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.