Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played the Tribune Expansion yet. I found the base game give kinda a unsatisfying game unless I choose the long game. I have noticed that the expansion only has victory condition cards for a short or a medium game unless you play with the Brutii variant.

How is the game length of the short and medium games with the expansion compared with the original game? E.g. will you still get a satisfying game when you play a short or medium game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you didn't find the game length satisfying in the base game, I suspect you will not find it significantly better with the expansion. The game still tends to last 3-5 turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm ... then I would like to be able to play a long game with the expansion without the Brutii variant. It seems strange to me that they didn't include victory condition cards for that in the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Eig
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The conditions are harder to meet - you'll find the medium length game a lot more satisfying now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.