mbmbmb
Miles Meercat
msg tools
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

REQUIRED READING

GAME DETAILS

Small World Underground
Hidden VPs

Hidden VP Details

During your Scoring phase of turn submission, do not include your current score. Rather, document only the VPs you scored for the current turn. In other words, post only your score delta for the turn. Short of parsing every post in the thread, this will prevent others from knowing your cumulative VP score. Just as in the board game, short of using your memory, you're not allowed to keep a running total of other players' VPs.

Conditional Orders
If you know your next move before it comes up, or it's a simple "if this is attacked, do this, if this is attacked, do that", send a geekmail to me detailing clearly what you plan to do, and I will post it for you when it's your turn. This greatly speeds the game up, especially if you know for sure you plan to decline.

Special Power Die

1custom21{Adventurous;Fisher;Flocking;Frightened;Immortal;Magic;Martyr;Mining;Muddy ;Mystic;Quarreling;Reborn;Royal;Shield;Stone;Thieving;Tomb;Vampire;Vanishing ;Vengeful;Wise}

Race Die

1custom15{Cultists;Drow;Flames;Gnomes;Iron Dwarves;Kraken;Liches;Lizardmen;Mudmen;Mummies;Ogres;Shadow Mimes;Shrooms;Spiderines;Will O Wisps}

Righteous Relics and Popular Places Die
(When taking one of the monster inhabited areas, please roll this die to see which Relic or Place you have uncovered. I will post a new die to be used each time one is discovered.)

1custom15
{Flying Doormat;Froggy Ring;Stinky Socks;Scepter Avarice;Shiny Orb;Rabbit Sword;Altar Souls;Crypt TombRaider;Diamond Fields;Brass Pipe;Fountain Youth;Keep Motherland;Lost Mine;Stonehedge;Pentacle}

Reinforcement Die

Players will use the following custom die for the Reinforcement Die roll (if any) for their turn's final conquest:

1custom6{0;0;0;1;2;3}

Use the "Add a Roll" button while composing your turn post. When you Submit the post, the die will be rolled. Then edit your post to finish your turn based on the result of the roll. See below for step-by-step instructions.

*** Important Note ***

You must use the Comment field in the Choose your Dice window to state the region for which you're rolling (see image below). This ensures the region and die roll are linked to prevent cheating. This does not apply for non-reinforcement rolls of the die (such as for the Berserk SP and Pygmies racial power). Failure to do so will void the roll and the remainder of the turn, unless you roll a 0.

If you make a roll in your post, you'll see "[+] Dice rolls" at the bottom of your post. Clicking that will list all the rolls you added to your post, as well as their results. BGG uses this to prevent roll cheating. You can edit the roll in your post, but you can't edit "[+] Dice rolls". So, if the rolls in the post do not match those rolls, then the player has edited his post rolls.

How to Add a Reinforcement Die Roll to Your Post

Player Turn Order
Ido: 1d1000 = (882) = 882
David: 1d1000 = (254) = 254
Miles: 1d1000 = (577) = 577
Paul: 1d1000 = (763) = 763
Steve: 1d1000 = (1) = 1

Useful Links:

English Rules
German Rules
French Rules
Official FAQ

Number of Times Exceeded 24-Hour Turn Window

Ido: 1/2
Paul: 0/2
Miles: 0/2
David: 0/2
Steve: 0/2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 51333. image
  • 1d1000 =
  • (882) =
  • Ido:
  • Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:30 pm
  • [+]
  • 51334. image
  • 1d1000 =
  • (254) =
  • David:
  • Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:31 pm
  • [+]
  • 51335. image
  • 1d1000 =
  • (577) =
  • Miles:
  • [+]
  • 51336. image
  • 1d1000 =
  • (763) =
  • Paul:
  • [+]
  • 51337. image
  • 1d1000 =
  • (1) =
  • Steve:
Matt W
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting Powers: 6custom21{Adventurous;Fisher;Flocking;Frightened;Immortal;Magic;Martyr;Mining;Muddy ;Mystic;Quarreling;Reborn;Royal;Shield;Stone;Thieving;Tomb;Vampire;Vanishing ;Vengeful;Wise} -> ( Quarreling Shield Muddy Immortal Mystic Reborn) -> Quarreling Shield Muddy Immortal Mystic Reborn
Starting Races: 6custom15{Cultists;Drow;Flames;Gnomes;Iron Dwarves;Kraken;Liches;Lizardmen;Mudmen;Mummies;Ogres;Shadow Mimes;Shrooms;Spiderines;Will O Wisps} -> ( Mummies Mummies Drow Drow Flames Liches) -> Mummies Mummies Drow Drow Flames Liches

Reroll for 2nd Mummies: 1custom11{Cultists;Gnomes;Iron Dwarves;Kraken;Lizardmen;Mudmen;Ogres;Shadow Mimes;Shrooms;Spiderines;Will O Wisps} -> ( Lizardmen) -> Lizardmen
Reroll for 2nd Drow: 1custom10{Cultists;Gnomes;Iron Dwarves;Kraken;Mudmen;Ogres;Shadow Mimes;Shrooms;Spiderines;Will O Wisps} -> ( Ogres) -> Ogres

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 51338. image
  • 6custom21{Adventurous;Fisher;Flocking;Frightened;Immortal;Magic;Martyr;Mining;Muddy ;Mystic;Quarreling;Reborn;Royal;Shield;Stone;Thieving;Tomb;Vampire;Vanishing ;Vengeful;Wise} =
  • ( Quarreling Shield Muddy Immortal Mystic Reborn) =
  • Quarreling Shield Muddy Immortal Mystic Reborn
  • Starting Powers:
  • Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:32 pm
  • [+]
  • 51339. image
  • 6custom15{Cultists;Drow;Flames;Gnomes;Iron Dwarves;Kraken;Liches;Lizardmen;Mudmen;Mummies;Ogres;Shadow Mimes;Shrooms;Spiderines;Will O Wisps} =
  • ( Mummies Mummies Drow Drow Flames Liches) =
  • Mummies Mummies Drow Drow Flames Liches
  • Starting Races:
  • Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:33 pm
  • [+]
  • 51340. image
  • 1custom11{Cultists;Gnomes;Iron Dwarves;Kraken;Lizardmen;Mudmen;Ogres;Shadow Mimes;Shrooms;Spiderines;Will O Wisps} =
  • ( Lizardmen) =
  • Lizardmen
  • Reroll for 2nd Mummies:
  • Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:35 pm
  • [+]
  • 51341. image
  • 1custom10{Cultists;Gnomes;Iron Dwarves;Kraken;Mudmen;Ogres;Shadow Mimes;Shrooms;Spiderines;Will O Wisps} =
  • ( Ogres) =
  • Ogres
  • Reroll for 2nd Drow:
  • Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:36 pm
Matt W
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ido has been issued his first infraction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If he still doesn't respond in 24 hours. I say just take somebody else in the lottery who wants to play in his stead. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really sorry - my mistake. The highest roll made me think I was the last player, not the first.
This is also my first SWU game, So I was kinda confused about the new races while trying to choose. I think I'll take the Immortal Ogres.
WE BE IMMORTAL!!!!

Take 23 for 3 tokens.
SMASH THOSE CRABS AND SEE WHAT THEY'RE HIDING!
Roll for Relic/Place: 1custom15{Flying Doormat;Froggy Ring;Stinky Socks;Scepter Avarice;Shiny Orb;Rabbit Sword;Altar Souls;Crypt TombRaider;Diamond Fields;Brass Pipe;Fountain Youth;Keep Motherland;Lost Mine;Stonehedge;Pentacle} -> ( Froggy Ring) -> Froggy Ring
Well, nothing for this turn might it might be handy later...

15 for 1
7 for 1
6 for 1
13 for 2
12 for 1

redeployment:
I put the ring on 13, with two mighty ogres guarding it.
I also put two each on 7 and 15, and 1 on the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 51395. CBpegasus
  • 1custom15{Flying Doormat;Froggy Ring;Stinky Socks;Scepter Avarice;Shiny Orb;Rabbit Sword;Altar Souls;Crypt TombRaider;Diamond Fields;Brass Pipe;Fountain Youth;Keep Motherland;Lost Mine;Stonehedge;Pentacle} =
  • ( Froggy Ring) =
  • Froggy Ring
  • Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:32 pm
Matt W
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scoring for Ido's turn:

+6 ogre regions
-3 race choice
---
+3 this turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt W
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New Power: 1custom15{Adventurous;Fisher;Flocking;Frightened;Magic;Martyr;Mining;Royal;Stone;Thieving;Tomb;Vampire;Vanishing ;Vengeful;Wise} -> ( Vampire) -> Vampire
New Race: 1custom9{Cultists;Gnomes;Iron Dwarves;Kraken;Mudmen;Shadow Mimes;Shrooms;Spiderines;Will O Wisps} -> ( Mudmen) -> Mudmen

Current Relics and Places Die:
1custom14{Flying Doormat;Stinky Socks;Scepter Avarice;Shiny Orb;Rabbit Sword;Altar Souls;Crypt TombRaider;Diamond Fields;Brass Pipe;Fountain Youth;Keep Motherland;Lost Mine;Stonehedge;Pentacle}

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 51411. image
  • 1custom15{Adventurous;Fisher;Flocking;Frightened;Magic;Martyr;Mining;Royal;Stone;Thieving;Tomb;Vampire;Vanishing ;Vengeful;Wise} =
  • ( Vampire) =
  • Vampire
  • New Power:
  • Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:21 pm
  • [+]
  • 51412. image
  • 1custom9{Cultists;Gnomes;Iron Dwarves;Kraken;Mudmen;Shadow Mimes;Shrooms;Spiderines;Will O Wisps} =
  • ( Mudmen) =
  • Mudmen
  • New Race:
  • Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:21 pm
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul, it's your turn.

Just in case the turn order is confusing (it is for me, since the avatars are in a different order at the top), here it is:

Ido
Paul
Miles
David
Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt W
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
Just in case the turn order is confusing (it is for me, since the avatars are in a different order at the top)

This has never been an issue in previous games that I've hosted. Perhaps it was this time because it was close (by chance) but not exactly correct. In any case, I've altered all the orders above to be the proper turn order. Additionally, the hourglass next to the names on the image will always show whose turn it currently is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello everyone...sorry to keep you waiting David, I was driving from SF to Oregon today.

Anyway, my turn:

I will take 10 Shield Lizardmen:

Take 20 with 4 to reveal: 1custom14{Flying Doormat;Stinky Socks;Scepter Avarice;Shiny Orb;Rabbit Sword;Altar Souls;Crypt TombRaider;Diamond Fields;Brass Pipe;Fountain Youth;Keep Motherland;Lost Mine;Stonehedge;Pentacle} -> ( Crypt TombRaider) -> Crypt TombRaider
Take 34 with 2
Take 24 with 2
Take 44 with 2

Redeploy:
1 + 3 Shields + Ms Croft on 20
3 each on 24, 34, 44

Score: 0 Race selection (1 placed on mummies, 1 received from lizardmen) + 4 regions = 4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 51491. fizzmore
  • 1custom14{Flying Doormat;Stinky Socks;Scepter Avarice;Shiny Orb;Rabbit Sword;Altar Souls;Crypt TombRaider;Diamond Fields;Brass Pipe;Fountain Youth;Keep Motherland;Lost Mine;Stonehedge;Pentacle} =
  • ( Crypt TombRaider) =
  • Crypt TombRaider
  • Take 20 with 4 to reveal:
  • Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:51 am
Matt W
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Paul,

Your redeployment is invalid:
rules wrote:
At the end of his turn, the player's whose troops occupy the Region containing the Crypt of the Tomb-raider places its Ghost in any Region, except the one containing the Crypt, to make it immune.

Please submit a new one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bah.

2 + 3 Shields on 20
1 + Ms Croft on 24
3 on 34
4 on 4r4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt W
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New Power: 1custom14{Adventurous;Fisher;Flocking;Frightened;Magic;Martyr;Mining;Royal;Stone;Thieving;Tomb;Vanishing ;Vengeful;Wise} -> ( Martyr) -> Martyr
New Race: 1custom8{Cultists;Gnomes;Iron Dwarves;Kraken;Shadow Mimes;Shrooms;Spiderines;Will O Wisps} -> ( Spiderines) -> Spiderines

1custom13{Flying Doormat;Stinky Socks;Scepter Avarice;Shiny Orb;Rabbit Sword;Altar Souls;Diamond Fields;Brass Pipe;Fountain Youth;Keep Motherland;Lost Mine;Stonehedge;Pentacle}

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 51508. image
  • 1custom14{Adventurous;Fisher;Flocking;Frightened;Magic;Martyr;Mining;Royal;Stone;Thieving;Tomb;Vanishing ;Vengeful;Wise} =
  • ( Martyr) =
  • Martyr
  • New Power:
  • Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:32 pm
  • [+]
  • 51509. image
  • 1custom8{Cultists;Gnomes;Iron Dwarves;Kraken;Shadow Mimes;Shrooms;Spiderines;Will O Wisps} =
  • ( Spiderines) =
  • Spiderines
  • New Race:
  • Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:32 pm
Miles Meercat
msg tools
I'll take the 13 Mummies

3 take 39
2 jump in the river and begin to unravel
4 take 36
3 take 21
1 rolls for 47; need 3; 1custom6{0;0;0;1;2;3} = (0) = 0

Redeploy

5 on 21
4 on 36, 39

Score

+2 choice, +3 regions, +3 quarreling = +8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 51561. EpicMiles
  • 1custom6{0;0;0;1;2;3} =
  • (0) =
  • 1 rolls for 47; need 3;
  • Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:32 pm
Matt W
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New Power: 1custom13{Adventurous;Fisher;Flocking;Frightened;Magic;Mining;Royal;Stone;Thieving;Tomb;Vanishing ;Vengeful;Wise} -> ( Royal) -> Royal
New Race: 1custom7{Cultists;Gnomes;Iron Dwarves;Kraken;Shadow Mimes;Shrooms;Will O Wisps} -> ( Iron Dwarves) -> Iron Dwarves

1custom13{Flying Doormat;Stinky Socks;Scepter Avarice;Shiny Orb;Rabbit Sword;Altar Souls;Diamond Fields;Brass Pipe;Fountain Youth;Keep Motherland;Lost Mine;Stonehedge;Pentacle}
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 51563. image
  • 1custom13{Adventurous;Fisher;Flocking;Frightened;Magic;Mining;Royal;Stone;Thieving;Tomb;Vanishing ;Vengeful;Wise} =
  • ( Royal) =
  • Royal
  • New Power:
  • Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:42 pm
  • [+]
  • 51564. image
  • 1custom7{Cultists;Gnomes;Iron Dwarves;Kraken;Shadow Mimes;Shrooms;Will O Wisps} =
  • ( Iron Dwarves) =
  • Iron Dwarves
  • New Race:
  • Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:43 pm
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting choices...

Pay 3 for the Vampire Mudmen.

10 tokens for Conquests
Glamor the Ogre in 6 - Ogre to tray, +1 Mudman token for later
Ogre blood tastes like frog legs. 5 take 13 and steal the Froggy Ring. Ido redeploys 2 Ogres.
2 take 22
1 spares the Ogres and bridges in 29
2 settle the mudpools of 11, +1 Mudman token for later
1 attempts to settle 18 1custom6{0;0;0;1;2;3} = (2) = 2, and finds +1 Mudman there to boot!

Redeploy 13 tokens in 5 regions
Froggy Ring in 22
5 in 22
2 each in 6,13,11,18

-3 selection
+5 regions
+2 Froggy Ring
-1 each to Paul and Ido
4 VPs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 51566. selwyth
  • 1custom6{0;0;0;1;2;3} =
  • (2) =
  • 1 attempts to settle 18
  • Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:21 pm
bob atkins
United States
California
flag msg tools
I see that you got 14 mudmen, 3 from mud pools and 1 via vampiric. however, there is a max 12 mudmen. knowing this, maybe you wouldn't have chosen them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gulp I thought about asking, but figured it'd be some ungodly high #. Ah well, what's done is done.

4 tokens on 22 instead of 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt W
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By my count, you also don't have the 1 token to perform the attempt on 18:

I don't count the 1 on 6 as it came from the tray

5 on 13
+2 on 22
+1 on 29
+2 on 11
---
10 mudmen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh sorry, I kept thinking I had 11 tokens for some reason, even though I posted 10. Completely hashed my turn up. shake

6 on 22
2 on 6,22,11

+4
+2

3 VPs, -1 from Paul and Ido.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt W
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry,

I just noticed something else. The ghost in 24 makes Paul immune, so you can't steal a VP from him. That would make your score:

selwyth wrote:
2 VPs, -1 from Paul and Ido.

Is this ok, or would you like to redo your turn (still with no roll of course), but you can change it up if you'd like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Immune tokens are immune to theft? I guess that might qualify as "special powers" immunity but I don't know that that's ever come in any of the pre-SWU expansions. Weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt W
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. This came up in game 49 too.

SWU rulebook wrote:
A Region made immune by the presence of a Balrog, Great
Ancient, Queen or Tomb-raider's Ghost cannot be conquered by
an opponent; it is unaffected by your opponents’ racial & special
powers as well as by any Popular Place or Righteous Relics
under their control
, for as long as the Balrog, Great Ancient… is
present in the Region.

(emphasis added)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it seems that I made a mistake that shows I'm a newbie. I thought the immortal power would allow me to expand half-undisturbed, but forgot that vampire can destroy my tokens.
No matter, let's redeploy. 1 on 23, 1 on 12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cry

Sorry, I'd like to retake my turn.

Pay 1 for Mystic Flames.

8 tokens in hand
Volcano in 41.
2 take 48
Relics / Popular Places 1custom13{Flying Doormat;Stinky Socks;Scepter Avarice;Shiny Orb;Rabbit Sword;Altar Souls;Diamond Fields;Brass Pipe;Fountain Youth;Keep Motherland;Lost Mine;Stonehedge;Pentacle} -> ( Stinky Socks) -> Stinky Socks Doh, pretty useless relic for me
2 take 42
2 take 50
2 take 51

No redeployment, Stinky Socks in 48.

-1 selection
+4 Flames
+2 Mystic

5 VPs

I apologize once again..Please give Ido his point back if you've already subtracted it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 51634. selwyth
  • 1custom13{Flying Doormat;Stinky Socks;Scepter Avarice;Shiny Orb;Rabbit Sword;Altar Souls;Diamond Fields;Brass Pipe;Fountain Youth;Keep Motherland;Lost Mine;Stonehedge;Pentacle} =
  • ( Stinky Socks) =
  • Stinky Socks
  • Relics / Popular Places
  • Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:38 pm
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.