Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to run a no shipping math trade for attendees of the Internationale Spieletage 2011 (20.10.2011 - 23.10.2011) in Essen. There is no trade list yet since I decided to wait until the current Europen math trade is over. But I guess there is no harm in starting to spread the word and get the discussion going. So feel free to share your thoughts and ideas.

Edit: And here is the trade list
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/72080
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, have a look at:

Spiel/Essen 2011 - no ship - game exchange

Roberto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What are you doing!? I don't even know you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Viki3m wrote:
Hi, have a look at:

Roberto

Could you supply a link?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Williams
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
www.ormistonwhisky.com
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Fuerst-Brunner
Germany
Neuching
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Viki3m wrote:
Hi, have a look at:

Roberto

I think a mathtrade works much better than trying to trade with someone individually!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arne Hoffmann
Germany
Essenbach
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyberian wrote:
Viki3m wrote:
Hi, have a look at:

Roberto

I think a mathtrade works much better than trying to trade with someone individually!

Seconded!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As in the last years, both the math trade and the direct trade list will work well beside each other.
It will be no problem to offer games in both lists since one can withdraw items at any time until the math trade want lists have to be submitted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugur Dönmez
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Benjamin,

Great that you're setting up a maths trade for Essen!

I had one small request: I currently have an auction running (shameless plug: here) which ends at the end of next Sunday. As I would like to list unsold items from there in the Essen maths trade, would it be at all possible to have the submission term at least extend until Monday the 19th?

Many thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, don't worry. I will set up the trade after the current EU trade has finished and then it will still be more than a month until the fair starts. My plan is to end the Essen math trade about 2 weeks before the show so there is still plenty of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van Tiel
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As i've never participated in any math trade perhaps this is a silly question, but.. Will it result in a trade of one vs one or will average market worth be taken into account?

So in other words.. Is it possible to trade away a copy of War of The Ring collector's edition (not that i have one) for f.e. bohnanza?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What are you doing!? I don't even know you!
mbmbmbmbmb
sucrates wrote:
As i've never participated in any math trade perhaps this is a silly question, but.. Will it result in a trade of one vs one or will average market worth be taken into account?

So in other words.. Is it possible to trade away a copy of War of The Ring collector's edition (not that i have one) for f.e. bohnanza?

In short: You offer one or more games, as many other people do. When all games have been added, you use a tool and decide which of your games you are willing to trade for Bohnanza and which not. In other words, the value is decided by yourself (if you hurry up and buy that collector's edition, I am sure I can find a Bohnanza somewhere...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
sucrates wrote:

You only trade your game away, if you find something you'd like to have instead. So - it is highly unlikely, that you will find something of equal value, BUT you could offer your War of the Ring:CE and take a look; even post in the discussion thread, what you would like to have for that.

If nothing turns up that you would like for your WotR:CE, you just leave the list of wanted games (for WotR:CE) blank - so it will not be given away, because there is nothing you could get in return.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
cuazzel wrote:
As in the last years, both the math trade and the direct trade list will work well beside each other.
It will be no problem to offer games in both lists since one can withdraw items at any time until the math trade want lists have to be submitted.

I understand your point, but I advice you to report that it exist even the exchange list, not to seem in competition with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just took a look at my calendar and fixed the dates for the trade:

Open For Item Submission: 16.09.2011
Closed For Item Submission: 02.10.2011, 20:00 CEST
Closed For Want List Submission: 08.10.2011, 20:00 CEST

So the trade will start next weekend and be open for about 2 weeks. Then you will have almost one week for creating your want lists and after that there are still 11 days left until the fair starts. I hope this way everyone will have plenty of time for everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
I won this overtext in the Rummage-o-rama! Thanks Cate!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks cuazzel!!! thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade list is up:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/72080
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Williams
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
www.ormistonwhisky.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps you could add it to the Essen List of Lists?

Essen 2011 - The list of lists
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,
I participated in this last year, and I thank cuazzel for it again this year. thumbsup

Last year, many people met in the space between halls 4 and 5 in the middle of the day. And while I think I was the one who suggested that arrangement, I would propose something else this time.

The reason being that it can kind of disrupt your day when you have a scheduled meeting in the middle of the day. You might have to cut a demo short and plow your way through 3 crowded halls to make it to the meeting place in time.

So this time I propose meeting in the main entrance hall after the doors close. That way you could even leave the game you are trading away in the cloakroom and would not have to lug it around all day.

This also has the added advantage that if someone is late (either because he got held up or maybe works at the fair), the trade partners can lounge around and chat and unbox their new purchases until everyone has shown up, without taking precious time out of their day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year I didn't participate in the mathtrade, but in 2009 we planned our meeting next to the BGG booth, so in case someone had to wait there was something useful to do (the BGG buzzlist).

For me, meeting around noon would be perfect; just before I return to the car to drop off the initial shoppings and before I'm going to discover and play the other stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsaar wrote:
Last year I didn't participate in the mathtrade, but in 2009 we planned our meeting next to the BGG booth, so in case someone had to wait there was something useful to do (the BGG buzzlist).

For me, meeting around noon would be perfect; just before I return to the car to drop off the initial shoppings and before I'm going to discover and play the other stuff.

You're leaving the sacred halls of the SPIEL for such mundane things as lessening your burdens?! wow Burdens, no less, which you should be proud to bear for as long as it takes to worship everything that is the Greatest Game Fair in the World.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van Tiel
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, another question. Read the OLWLG thread as well as tried to make sense of the trader itself, but cannot seem to find the answer there. So I hope you trade-pro's can help me again.

I've put down a number of games I'm willing to trade. As far as I can see, in step 4 the most valuable games are in the rightcolumns, and the least valuable games are on the left. This seems different to the OLWLG thread so it confuses me.

Second, I have found a number of games I would love to have. What will happen if I check the first 10 games or so of the 'for trade' for any of the 'want' games? Will I make just 1 trade, giving away my 10 games for the top want game? Or will this result in a match of these 10 vs the 3 games I'd like? Or is it possible nobody wants my games and there is no trade (and I should have selected more)?

And what will happen if you f.e. check all the boxes?
Confusion, confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van Tiel
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha, seems as if I found the answer: "FAQ: in a math trade any potential trades found are always going to be "1 for 1" which is one of your offering(s) that you will ship out (or deliver if it's a "no ship") to another participant in the math trade you will receive exactly one offering (from your "want list" for your offering) from most likely yet another participant. An "offering" is a single geeklist item... however note that the offering/item could be a bundle of more than one thing."

So if I'm correct, checking more boxes will just increase my options of getting that game, but it will always be 1 vs 1.

Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the trades are always 1 item for 1 other item. This is why you have to create a seperate want list for every one of your own items (or let OLWLG do it by checking those boxes). Item refers to items in the trade list, so of course 1 item can also be a bundle of games if one offers more than one game in one item.

Checking more boxes (i.e. putting more items on your want lists) means higher chance to trade but still you should never check any box where you would not really like to get the corresponding item. Because you may very well get exactly that item :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Moreno Serrano
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Join us every Tuesday night at the Woking Gaming Club!
badge
Interested in knowing in which games I'm working at the moment? Send me a geekmail to discover!
mbmbmbmbmb
sucrates wrote:
Aha, seems as if I found the answer: "FAQ: in a math trade any potential trades found are always going to be "1 for 1" which is one of your offering(s) that you will ship out (or deliver if it's a "no ship") to another participant in the math trade you will receive exactly one offering (from your "want list" for your offering) from most likely yet another participant. An "offering" is a single geeklist item... however note that the offering/item could be a bundle of more than one thing."

So if I'm correct, checking more boxes will just increase my options of getting that game, but it will always be 1 vs 1.

Right?

I'm also waiting for that answer. My gut says you are right, but I would like confirmation (I ticked 9 checkboxes for just 1 game... so I'm also a bit "nervous" about this).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About the way OLWLG sorts the items: For your own items (the columns) this does not have any influence at all. It's just that the higher value items will probably end up being listed on the left and the less valuable items will be liested on the right. But since every single column will become one seperate want list, this is just for orientation purposes.

The rows on the other hand do have a little influence. In short: Items listed first are your most wanted items and the chance of getting one of those is (in theory) slightly better than getting an item listed at the bottom of your list. You can manually change the order of the rows by typing numbers in those little text fields. Higher numbers will be listed first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.