Subject: Flute of the Outer Gods rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Lawhun
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
It says discard after rolling to defeat a monster. Would that be any monster on the board, or just the monster in your current location if there is one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Lose 3 Sanity and 3 Stamina and discard Flute of the Outer Gods before making a Combat check to defeat all monsters in your current area. This does not affect Ancient Ones."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lawhun
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Radulla wrote:
"Lose 3 Sanity and 3 Stamina and discard Flute of the Outer Gods before making a Combat check to defeat all monsters in your current area. This does not affect Ancient Ones."

That's Arkham Horror, no?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lawhun
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
One more question about the flute... do you still need to place dice on the monster once it is considered "defeated"?

Or does this, and spells like Bind Monster, let you defeat the monster and still be able to use all your dice for another task for that roll?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I played it was that I rolled, defeated the monster without putting any dice on it, then played the adventure card as if it was never there. So if it was covering another task, that task would now have to be completed to defeat the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
In life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
mb
spaminator wrote:
One more question about the flute... do you still need to place dice on the monster once it is considered "defeated"?

Or does this, and spells like Bind Monster, let you defeat the monster and still be able to use all your dice for another task for that roll?

I still put a dice on the monster...Not sure if that was right, though. Problem is, if you don't and you kill the monster (remove it) do you then have to do the tasks underneath it (if it has one)?

The whole monster mechanic in this game confuses me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand the rules, the vast majority of items and abilities can only be used when your investigator is at the same location as your target. One exception I can think of to this off the top of my head is Mandy Thompson's re-roll ability, but all other items and character abilities I can think of can only be used when you're at the same location.

This is talked about a bit in the Elder Sign FAQ thread, but I should probably add a specific clarification on there re: Flute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.