Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

In the files section for Gloom, a kind poster made tokens to track the pathos scores for dead characters (making it easy to see how much the various characters are worth). I really like this idea and have printed them out on heavy stock already.

However, they have also led me to a question: included on the sheet are positive values as well as negative! I currently only have the base game (so perhaps this is something that has been added with an expansion) but I am wondering: how is it possible to have a dead character with a positive pathos score? I thought the rule was that only a character with a negative score can be killed?

Can anyone enlighten me? (I'm wondering if we have been playing incorrectly)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a VERY few ways that other players CAN kill your family, when their pathos score is positive.

We play with a couple of the expansions now, so I'm not 100% sure which cards are Base game since I don't have it to look at (it belongs to our friends), BUT, on at least one occasion we've had a character die with +15 pathos or more. There's even a death card (possibly from an expansion) that's something like "Died peacefully in bed, surrounded by loved ones" It clears ALL the characters Pathos spots, and then add +5 pathos, so no matter what there score WAS, they are now dead at +5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emna Shimmer
msg tools
You can't do that to your own family, only to opponents. It's actually a great strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.