7 Posts

Samurai» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tile Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan Stead
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I just picked up a German copy of the game with a printed translation of the rules in it. I think I pretty much understand the rules, but there's nothing in my translation that explains the how the samurai, ship and mounted samurai tokens work. I'm assuming these can be used to capture any of the figures, is that correct? Also if that is the case, what's the difference between the samurai foot soldier and the mounted samurai?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure I understand exactly what your confusion is, but perhaps the following facts will help...?

Ships are placed on water, samurais on land.

Some tiles have little ideograms on them: you may play as many of them as you like in a single turn. Most tiles don't have the ideogram: you can only play one of them in a turn (in addition to however many you wish to play with ideograms).

You must play at least one tile each turn. (Whether it has an ideogram or not is irrelevant.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a copy of the English rules here in the files section.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/weblink/58263/english-rules-at-...

As for the Ronin (horseback). He is a wild value 1 and also allows you to immediately play another tile.

Ships can only be played on the water, are wild, and allow you to immediately play another tile.

The regular Samurai tokens are wild.

The token changer tile also allows you to immediately play another tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Stead
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks for the help guys, that English translation has helped clear up my confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Moore
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter
badge
Does (Top Promoter) subliminal (Top Promoter) advertising (Top Promoter) really (Top Promoter) work?
mbmbmbmbmb
willythesnitch wrote:

Ships can only be played on the water, are wild, and allow you to immediately another tile.

The token changer tile also allows you to immediately play another tile.

This is not strictly true. There are plenty of situations where thus is not the case. For instance, you play a 4 high hat, then a ship. The only other tile you may play is one with that ideogram on it. If you do not have one, you can play no more tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
Gwangju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Justin, I dont understand what you are saying.

willy is correct in his assertion, you can play another tile after a ship (any tile) and the token changer also allows you to play another tile right after (any tile).

And -if I understand correctly- your example goes that you play a ship after a hat? surprise
how is that possible? on the same turn?

"The only other tile you may play is one with that ideogram on it"
You can play any tile you want after a ship.

Regards and happy games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fer - you seem to be thinking that you must play the tiles in a certain order, but you can freely play tiles with ideograms before or after a tile with no ideogram. And you can play at most one tile without an ideogram in your turn - there's no way to get to play another one in the same turn.

Or am I misunderstanding your comment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.