Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... not to preorder games from any game company but Treefrog.

I dutifully preordered Guards! Guards! as soon as preorder was available. After waiting anxiously for many weeks for the game to be ready I get an email telling me that the preorder is delayed because they didn't get the book marker we were promised as a preorder bonus. Now, I really don;t care that much about the book marker but I just wanted to make sure I received the game as quickly as possible.

Last night I was in my FLGS and lo and behold there were two copies of Guards! Guards! on the shelf just begging to be bought and played.

Someday I will learn not to preorder games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
Well, the copy of Discworld: Ankh-Morpork I preordered is running a bit late because they have run out of linen paper in Germany or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Celinashope wrote:
Well, the copy of Discworld: Ankh-Morpork I preordered is running a bit late because they have run out of linen paper in Germany or something.

Unfortunately, me too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Boyd
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can fully understand your frustration on this. We had worked hard to make sure that those who had pre-ordered Guards! Guards! would receive their copies at the same time (or before) the game went on sale in the shops.

Unfortunately we had not accounted for the postal service losing part of the shipment.

I apologize to you and everyone else in the US who pre-ordered our game.
We have sent another consignment of the limited edition bookmarks to Z-Man and your games should be despatched to you later this week.

regards
Leonard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, I got the email saying the game had been sent on Friday 9th, but I received the game on Monday 5th...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Boyd
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

OOPS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n00j br
United Kingdom
Norfolk
flag msg tools
Yeah, I got mine a week or so ago and then an email a couple of days ago saying it had been shipped!
Also still waiting for my Ankh-Morpork special edition thanks to the german linen paper crisis...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Arezzi
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff,

I completely understand how you feel. I am the opposite though, I really really really had to have the bookmark. I actually want all of them. I actually found out about the pre-order a little late and was glad to sneak in on it. I initially thought it was for Europe and not the States. If you don't want yours maybe we can arrange a trade of sorts, I also go home every day and ask the wife is it here yet, is it here yet? I'd give the company a bit of slack though. If they shipped the game without bookmarks I'm reasonably certain 100's of rabid Terry Pratchett fans would have lost their minds.

NJAnge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.