Troyes» Forums » General

Subject: What do people usually get as a final score? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ser Renely
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I had a good game last night and pulled out with 61 victory points. I do feel I am the much stronger player to my opponent, but it was by far the most I have ever received.

Just curious what do people usually get as an average? I tend to get around 40.

Clearly this score is dependent on the group you play with, but I figured there would be some average. Maybe even how many players you play with factors in as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Averages are in the high 40s, or right around 50 with proficient players.

The highest I have seen is 67.

I think I've seen a winning score as low as 42, but that was with almost all new players. Scores in the 30s or high 20s are fairly common the first time through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm usually in the upper 40's to lower 50's with the occasional game higher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Low 40's usually competes, high 40's often wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not only dependent on the group of people you are playing with - it is also (very) dependent on the number of players: With four players you play 6 rounds - with 2 players only 4 rounds. That are two more rounds to "do things"
Also, it depends on the action cards. There are some strong VP generator combos. If one of them shows up, you gain significant more VPs in the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Tece

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmb
I played a 3 player game recently where I scored a whopping 71 points but that is the outlier of course. I was playing a couple of rookies and used the captain about 3 times for 10 points a pop before they realized what was going on. I also had the good fortune of maxing out all of the end-game scoring cards. Usually a score between 40-50 is what I consider a good game, over 50 would be a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefaan Henderickx
Belgium
Kallo
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday I won a game in a tournament with 34 points. One of my friends scored 38 at another table and finished 3rd, so I think the above posters are right saying that the experience of the gamers and the cards coming out are both playing a role.
I guess we kept all scores low by not fighting against some events like every one loses money, remove highest block in the cathedral. Only 7 blocks were in the cathedral in the end, never seen it so empty. The average 5 black knights also wasted a lot of dice. You could guess allready that "get 1-3-5 event cards" was not 1 of the hidden objectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikomakhos
msg tools
This thread is five years old now, and I'm wondering - are these scores still high, or are people scoring higher nowadays?
I play mostly 2 p. with wife, and our scores have gotten a bit higher with experience. After about twenty games our high scores are 67 and 65, though usually lower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.