Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
in the rules (13.0) of the Sword scenario is mentioned that "Horse and Pegasus; their map symbols have no gameplay effect - they are provided for aesthetic purposes only.

I would like some clarification about this rule: does this mean that the red borders around those hexes don't give the defenders a +2 combat modifier, or is the rule only talking about the bridges-symbols them selves?

thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great timing, Chris - we just played Sword last night and had the same question!

Also, we assumed that Artillery and Support chits are discarded after their use in a combat, correct? We also assumed that if you don't use them in a given turn, you can hold on to them and use them later in the game. And .. we also assumed there's no maximum number of chits that can be held (up to the counter limit). We couldn't find these details in the rules, so I hope our interpretations were correct.

Otherwise, a great game system, Paul, and a lot of fun!

Thanks, Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Koenig
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Herrmann, after getting some conflicting reports from Alan, I now have it right. Ignore my earlier post (on CSW).

Neither the bridge symbol nor the red borders have any effect on play. That's what 13.0 in the Exclusive Rules states: "their symbols have no gameplay effect." The red border is there only to make those hexes "stand out from the crowd," as they are very important for victory.

Sorry for any confusion but I have not played Sword since before it was published and I thought maybe something had been changed during development.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you for clarifying this, Paul. And by the way, I really like your D-Day series, and am looking forward to your upcoming Marketgarden games!

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.