Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
Royal Dublin Fusiliers "Spectamur Agendo"
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first real game of AH last night, with a group of Call of Cthulhu die hards. They loved it, and we won, beating Nyarlathotep by sealing 6 gates. Great fun.

We played a few rules incorrectly, as you might expect. I've gone through the rules book today to pick up on a few doubts I had, but two answers eluded me.

1) An investigator moves through a gate to Leng in the Arkham Encounters phase. Can he or she immediately cast Find Gate to return to Arkham in order to close or seal the gate in the following turn?

2) An investigator passes through a gate to the City of the Great Race. The next turn, another investigator seals or closes the sole gate from Arkham to the City of the Great Race. Is the first investigator marooned and therefore lost in time and space?

Many thanks for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
North Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
Solo Gamers are NOT lonely!
badge
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
mbmbmbmbmb
Eoin Corrigan wrote:

1) An investigator moves through a gate to Leng in the Arkham Encounters phase. Can he or she immediately cast Find Gate to return to Arkham in order to close or seal the gate in the following turn?

No you cannot. You enter the gate during Phase III Arkham Encounters.
Find Gate must be cast in Phase II Movement as noted on the spell card saying "Movement".

Therefore you would get one Other World encounter before you could cast Find Gate.

Eoin Corrigan wrote:
2) An investigator passes through a gate to the City of the Great Race. The next turn, another investigator seals or closes the sole gate from Arkham to the City of the Great Race. Is the first investigator marooned and therefore lost in time and space?

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is yes. I have not been able to find it but I will come back and edit this when I find the proof. (Looking over the rulebook now)

Found it. Page 8, last bullet in Other World Movement.

Quote:
If the investigator is in the second area of the Other
World, he returns to Arkham. The player must choose a
location that contains a gate to the Other World he is leaving.
After choosing such a location, he places his investigator
marker there. Then he places an “explored” marker
underneath his investigator to show that he has explored
the gate. This marker remains in play as long as the investigator
remains at the location. If there is no open gate
leading to the Other World the investigator is in, the
investigator is lost in time and space
(see page 17).

So looks like you are not immediately Lost in Time and Space until you have to move back to Arkham. Who knows, maybe by the time the gate closes and the investigator moves to Arkham, another gate to that Other World could open?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
Royal Dublin Fusiliers "Spectamur Agendo"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Christopher - I appreciate the assistance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
North Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
Solo Gamers are NOT lonely!
badge
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
mbmbmbmbmb
You are most welcome. Glad I could help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.