Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ian o
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the new Underground game, not only can we let our imaginations run away with us for new races and powers, but now also new relics and places!

Here are some ideas I have:

Relics:
Mob of Spectators - For one region per turn, place the Mob of Spectators on the region you are conquering and get an extra coin per troop token which occupied the region.

Places:
Hall of Judgmental Mirrors - (spoofing the magic mirror from Snow White) You are able to use any racial power in the game in addition to your own. You may choose only one racial power per turn but may change the powers you sue in subsequent turns.

The Golemspiel - A parody of the Glockenspiel. Summons two more troops (Golem tokens, similar to Hordes Of-) to be used as normal. Once this region is conquored, the Golem troops abandon their previous owner and are now used by the new occupier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ladouceur
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MOB OF SPECTATORS: Would not work. SW allows you to use more troops than are needed to conquer an area (because of Barbarians from Be Not Afraid). So you could just pull up all your troops, conquer one area on the board's edge with everyone, make a lot of coin, and be invincible to almost everything (Flames and Dragon Master come to mind).

HALL OF JUDGMENTAL MIRRORS: Strictly mechanically better than Stonehedge, too powerful. Maybe add a payment mechanic whereby copying stronger powers (like Merchant) costs more? It would probably be too complex then for a light game like SWU.

GOLEMSPIEL: This, I like, for the flavour it has. Though it is the same as getting "Hordes Of" on Stonehedge. Maybe give three golems instead, but they all have to attack the same area?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian o
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Traveling Hero wrote:
MOB OF SPECTATORS: Would not work. SW allows you to use more troops than are needed to conquer an area (because of Barbarians from Be Not Afraid). So you could just pull up all your troops, conquer one area on the board's edge with everyone, make a lot of coin, and be invincible to almost everything (Flames and Dragon Master come to mind).

HALL OF JUDGMENTAL MIRRORS: Strictly mechanically better than Stonehedge, too powerful. Maybe add a payment mechanic whereby copying stronger powers (like Merchant) costs more? It would probably be too complex then for a light game like SWU.

GOLEMSPIEL: This, I like, for the flavour it has. Though it is the same as getting "Hordes Of" on Stonehedge. Maybe give three golems instead, but they all have to attack the same area?

Mob of Spectators can only be used on one area, so I don't think its that powerful. And its the other person's troops you count for coins, not your own. Unless I'm not understanding what you're saying.

Yeah, Hall of Mirrors may be too powerful I suppose. I do like the idea.

As for the Golumspiel, I don't think the similarity to Hordes Of on the Stonehedge is really a big deal. The chances of having it on Stone hedge is what, 1 in 50? And that's only if you are combining both base games. There are far worse redundancies between the two games.

Thanks for the comments!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ladouceur
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I didn't understand what the Mob did. In the way you describe it, it would probably be balanced, but not fun. The Mine of the Lost Dwarf gives only 2 coins per turn, and it's almost a must-have. Almost all the fighting would be about getting the Mob, until an immunity power locks it down (like Heroic). Lastly, if you do use it, be sure to add that it doesn't stack with the Sceptre of Avarice, like the Mine doesn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian o
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Traveling Hero wrote:
I guess I didn't understand what the Mob did. In the way you describe it, it would probably be balanced, but not fun. The Mine of the Lost Dwarf gives only 2 coins per turn, and it's almost a must-have. Almost all the fighting would be about getting the Mob, until an immunity power locks it down (like Heroic). Lastly, if you do use it, be sure to add that it doesn't stack with the Sceptre of Avarice, like the Mine doesn't.

Yeah, those are some good points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian o
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Traveling Hero wrote:

What if it was restricted to the player on your left or the player on your right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.