Popular Tags: [View All]
Dampenon Fabien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
Rookies talk about strategy, Grognards about Logistics
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question which I guess will be more comprehensible with an example.

Austrian Army is in the "3 space" of her track and a French Liberation Army is on the "2 space".

Austrian Army advances to the "2 space" with the event (for example #37 Batavian Republic Declared) and by passing the check against the Liberation army.

Then a French Military Action ends with a Decisive Defeat, and, by passing again the check (2 on D6), Austrian Army advances on "1 space".

At the end of the turn, during administrative phase, the player must remove a Liberation Army on the same space than an Invasion Army.

In this example, the Invasion army isn't on the same space than the Liberation Army but behind her.

So, must I remove the liberation army at the end of the turn ?

I think it would be logical but I will listen any advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Welch
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dampenon - thanks so much for writing in with your question! What a wonderful example of a sequence of play that never occurred during playtesting. Your conclusion is correct - the Liberation marker would be removed. None of the armies opposed to French Republicanism would bypass territory in 'open revolt' but would suppress it before moving on and therefore, no Liberation can exist 'behind' an attacking army.

I have a question - are you playing the English or French version of the game? Thanks again for writing, it is a thrill to know the game is being played in Paris!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dampenon Fabien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
Rookies talk about strategy, Grognards about Logistics
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello John.

Thank you for your fast response (and of course for your support and the design of your game).

I guess event #52 which places Korsakov in Brussels (space 2) will have the same effect on a Liberation Army in Worms (space 3) if French can't remove Korsakov until the end of the turn.

In fact, I play with French version of the game and British version of the Expansion

I have been agreably surprised because there's no difficulty to mix both.

In fact I have ordererd both in english to avoid the mix but my retailer have sent me French version of the game, probably to please a french customer...

I'm still learning the game but without difficulty because I'm a fan of State of Siege Serie.

With Decisive Victories options, Bonaparte seems more a danger to republic than an help with +1 always to Despotism than +1 to Republic if Dominant. Of course, it's historically accurate, unhappily...

Thank you Tim Allen too, your map is beautiful and very functionnal, my favorite between SoS games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Welch
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so pleased to hear you enjoy the game. Yes, event card #52 would remove a Liberation Army if you weren't able to defeat Korsakov by the end of the turn.

If you are so inclined, I would love to get a picture or two of you and the game or you and the game in front of some Parisian landmarks - it would make a great photo for the VPG update and the Levee page here on BGG - I would also love to have one to show my students.

Thanks again for writing and I will pass along your complement to Tim about his fantastic work on the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.