Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Watkins
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick tip for those FFG version. Tiles are tiny, and sometimes you'll really need to squeeze those fingers in and flip tiles. One way to do this quickly and effectively is to fit one or a couple nerf darts into your box. It could even be used as a turn marker.

Sticking the tiles and pulling them out is pretty fun as well. Kind of gives it a fishing feel.

I'm inclined to keep this trend going into war games and other tight spots.

Copyrighting this idea = )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
GENIUS. I excited at the price-point, but was pretty dismayed when I saw the actual game. The tiles are about the size of quarters.
My dad has trouble with the survive tiles and they're 2". He'd never get his sausage fingers around those peency things!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hindman
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea, but sorry, I've been doing this with my Survive! tiles since about '85 or so, and I don't think my patent on the process has expired yet. :cool:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil of Mars wrote:
GENIUS. I excited at the price-point, but was pretty dismayed when I saw the actual game. The tiles are about the size of quarters.
My dad has trouble with the survive tiles and they're 2". He'd never get his sausage fingers around those peency things!!!!

Really?!? Are the new FFG tiles that much smaller than the original game?? Would anyone be willing to post an edge-to-edge measurement?

This is actually one of my favourite board games of all time and I was planning to purchase the new edition for the fun, colourful fish tiles. However, if this turns out to be the case, I don't think I'll bother.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Watkins
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
squash wrote:
Phil of Mars wrote:

Really?!? Are the new FFG tiles that much smaller than the original game?? Would anyone be willing to post an edge-to-edge measurement?

This is actually one of my favourite board games of all time and I was planning to purchase the new edition for the fun, colourful fish tiles. However, if this turns out to be the case, I don't think I'll bother.

Hi Josh,

I don't have the original, but I would say tiles are about the size of a soda bottle cap. Twist off caps that is. But a little smaller because they are hexagons. It almost feels like a travel version. Price is right, but yeah tiles are super tiny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
SixtyWATZ wrote:
squash wrote:
Phil of Mars wrote:

Hi Josh,

I don't have the original, but I would say tiles are about the size of a soda bottle cap. Twist off caps that is. But a little smaller because they are hexagons. It almost feels like a travel version. Price is right, but yeah tiles are super tiny.

Well it's no wonder they took out that first exclamation mark after the word "Hey" in the game title... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.