Subject: Does the Thief steal the income? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rui Henriques
Ireland
Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if the Thief steals only what the character is starting with, or will he steal also the gold generated from the characters income?

Say, I am a merchant with 2 gold and I have a market and a tabern. Will the thief steal 2 or 4 gold?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The thief steals at the start of the victim's turn -- so you only get what they start with. If it worked the other way, why would the victim ever choose to take gold?

Edit: for that matter, the card even tells you how to do this: "Announce a character from whom you wish to steal. When the player with this card is revealed, take his gold." (Emphasis mine) -- Take it as soon as he is revealed, not after his turn is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Reynolds
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pyrgos wrote:
I wonder if the Thief steals only what the character is starting with, or will he steal also the gold generated from the characters income?

Say, I am a merchant with 2 gold and I have a market and a tabern. Will the thief steal 2 or 4 gold?
As dcclark wrote, it's at the start of the turn that the money is stolen. Also, assuming I've got the cards right in my head, those two buildings and the Merchant would give 3 money in addition to either normal income of 2 or a card (chosen from 2) from the pile. 1 per green building plus 1 for being the Merchant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Henriques
Ireland
Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.