Athos
United States
Milwaukee
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Just got this game and think it is pretty cool, but I am unclear on how some battles should play out.

I understand that if the attackers wipe out all the defenders, then they win and the battle is over. The same when attackers and defenders kill each other.

Now what happens when there are still defenders after a round? It says to have an other round. OK, then what happens if there are still defenders left? It can easily come up that the attacker will never have enough firepower to wipe out all the defenders.

Is the attacker then obliged to withdraw? It seems that the turn cannot end with a region having two factions' ships occupy it, so the battles must resolve at some point in the turn.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If no ships have left (withdrawed or destroyed) this round, there will not be a new combat round, instead the attacker must withdraw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just consulted the rules:
"If all defending ships survived this battle phase, the attacking ships must immediatly withdraw."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athos
United States
Milwaukee
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smuggler wrote:
I just consulted the rules:
"If all defending ships survived this battle phase, the attacking ships must immediatly withdraw."

Thanks! I don't know why I wasn't getting this. I was only thinking about this applying to the first round for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.