Popular Tags: [View All]
Krister Nevin
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what forum to post this in so it's going here.

I just got a copy of Terra prime and it has a pretty good set of mold in the box and on some of the cardboard. Any recommendations on how to at least kill this mold. My wife really want's me to through it out.

Krister

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A diluted bleach solution should kill it. Leave it out in the sun after.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krister Nevin
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't hurt at this point the wife really want's it out of the house. mold freaks her out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Langhorne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"I will take love wherever I find it, and offer it to everyone who will take it. Seek knowledge from those wiser, and teach those who wish to learn." -Duane Allman
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the Mold Entry on the handy dandy board game repair geeklist. One of the first things I added to my quickbar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MusicToEat wrote:
Here's the Mold Entry on the handy dandy board game repair geeklist. One of the first things I added to my quickbar.

nice. i would prolly toss it and rebuy though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Elder
msg tools
badge
While it's mentioned on that list, mould spores are notoriously hard to get rid off. Drying the item, using bleach (carefully, especially on glossy paper which if wetted is almost certainly going to be ruined) and UV irradiation (at much stronger levels than are found in sunlight) may kill the mould but not damage the spores. Leaving a mouldy product next to a non-mouldy product is an invitation for the spores to spread and grow at the first instance of excess moisture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.