Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am performing a Jihad operation, do I have to call the type of Jihad (minor or major)?
I mean, if I meet the prerequisites for a major Jihad, can I choose to perform a minor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Larkin
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twinkies... YUM!
mbmbmbmbmb
They are functionally the same thing, only a major holds the chance you will get a besieged marker. So you might as well declare it major if you qualify for it. But you can declare it minor if you want, no rule prevents it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sotiris Kappos
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I believe that you need to turn all cells active beforehand in a major jihad. Therefore, you declare in fact which one you are making after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Madazam wrote:
If I am performing a Jihad operation, do I have to call the type of Jihad (minor or major)?

Yes, as answered by darkmind EDIT: Greywind above.

Quote:
I mean, if I meet the prerequisites for a major Jihad, can I choose to perform a minor?

Yes, sometimes declaring a minor Jihad is preferred than performing a major one and you do have a choice in the matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sotiris Kappos
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Yes, as answered by darkmind above

Wrong fellow geek!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greywind wrote:
Quote:
Yes, as answered by darkmind above

Wrong fellow geek!

wow
Potatoes, tomatoes, Darkmind, Greywind, it's all the same to me.

Sorry for the mix-up! modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just another question about the Regime Change token.
The rules say (and the example in the playbook) that you flip the token at the end of the turn, so you adjust the victory point track after that.
But the Errata and FAQ says that you have to adjust the victory point track at the moment you put the token in place. Is it correct?
If it is correct, why make the tokens with two colors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Larkin
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twinkies... YUM!
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't really matter when you adjust the track, you just cannot count green RC markers as taking points back from the Jihadist player on the last turn of the game. So when checking for victory after the last turn of the game, count green markers as Jihadist points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cupcakus wrote:
It doesn't really matter when you adjust the track, you just cannot count green RC markers as taking points back from the Jihadist player on the last turn of the game. So when checking for victory after the last turn of the game, count green markers as Jihadist points.

But as soon as a victory condition is verified, does the game end suddenly or do I need to check victory conditions at the end of a turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Larkin
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twinkies... YUM!
mbmbmbmbmb
The instant victory conditions, such as 12 resources good, and 6 resources IR, and 15 good/fair or 15 poor/IR, represent immediate victory. The RC marker has no bearing on these conditions. As soon as they happen, that player wins immediately.

The only time green RC markers count is when the game ends and no one has reached an instant victory condition, in that instance the US player must have at least more than 2x the Jihadist resources to win, and green RC markers count towards Jihadist resources.

EXAMPLE: Jihadist player has 4 resources, 2 of which are adjacent. They only need two more to win. So you RC a 3 resource country. Jihadist resources are now 1. They cannot get instant victory by taking another 2 resource country. However, if the game ends this turn due to the deck running out of cards, those 3 resources still count for the Jihadist side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cupcakus wrote:
The instant victory conditions, such as 12 resources good, and 6 resources IR, and 15 good/fair or 15 poor/IR, represent immediate victory. The RC marker has no bearing on these conditions. As soon as they happen, that player wins immediately.

The only time green RC markers count is when the game ends and no one has reached an instant victory condition, in that instance the US player must have at least more than 2x the Jihadist resources to win, and green RC markers count towards Jihadist resources.

EXAMPLE: Jihadist player has 4 resources, 2 of which are adjacent. They only need two more to win. So you RC a 3 resource country. Jihadist resources are now 1. They cannot get instant victory by taking another 2 resource country. However, if the game ends this turn due to the deck running out of cards, those 3 resources still count for the Jihadist side.

Thanks. Is this true even if the token is on the tan color side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 35 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
Madazam wrote:

Thanks. Is this true even if the token is on the tan color side?

If the counter is tan, it means it's been there for at least 2 turns and therefore the country is no longer considered under Islamist Rule, even for the end of game victory condition.

Cupcakus's post is pretty clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Is this true even if the token is on the tan color side?

No. Tan Regime Change token never counts as IR. Green Regime Change token counts as IR only for victory once the deck runs out, per 2.3.

Very sorry for the error in the original playbook. The errata file is correct, and the 2011 reprint will correct the errors in the manuals.

Best regards, Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, and thanks to Volko! Now I have everything clear.
Volko, congratulation for this wonderful game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.