Popular Tags: [View All]
Kent Ing
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beautiful game BUT I have a problem with counter sheet #6 where the cutting on the counters (Insight and Battle Plan counters) are off where a letter in a word on the counter is cut off completely. While there would be little impact to overall game play and it would not bother me that much but I paid (including shipping) just over $100 US for the game when it was still in P500...a game I could have gotten for about $80 from my local game store today. I like to support P500s if I can, knowing that if I waited I could get the game cheaper (shipping costs from the US usually kills any price discounts). This was my first P500 from DVG, I have done it with GMT, Valley Games, Lock 'n Load and MMP. I would expect good quality control, especially when I'm forking over a good chunk of change, a hundred dollars is not cheap in my books. I've sent 3 emails to DVG customer service over the last 2 weeks inquiring about a replacement for the counters/sheet and have not heard anything. Others have posted about the good customer service of DVG so I was hoping to at the very least hear back from them.

I'm a little disappointed in the company, especially considering I bought "Hornet Leader" and "Thunderbold/Apache Leader" back in the day when they were published under GMT (and still have them), Hornet Leader when DVG sold it as print and play, Phantom Leader, the republished "Hornet Leader" as well as Front Line D-Day...these other games I have not had any issues with. Oh well, live and learn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fricke
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear you received some bad counters. My set didn't have any problems. I am surprised to hear about the customer service problems you're having with DVG as I've heard a lot of good things about them. I personally haven't had to contact them though, so I don't speak from experience. Hopefully they'll take care of your problem. Customer service is pretty much one of the most important things to me in buying games. Good luck. Bad CS means no business from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
My old friend "Burger", RIP 2005
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit surprised to hear about the lack of communication from Dan. One of my map from the game was damaged. I emailed Dan about it a couple weeks ago and he promptly replied and sent over a replacement. I hope your issue gets sorted soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since your email doesn't appear to be getting through, I recommend that you post in the DVG topic on ConsimWorld (ConsimWorld Forum -> Game Company Support Forum -> Dan Verssen Games). Dan checks that forum regularly, and I think it's likely he'll see your post there more quickly than here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is probably just your email not getting through for some reason. I have been in contact with hem before and he was quick to respond. I will shoot him an email on your behalf. (Email has been sent. I will let you know if I hear anything on my end.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Gallego
Spain
Sarriguren
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yamashira wrote:
I've sent 3 emails to DVG customer service over the last 2 weeks inquiring about a replacement for the counters/sheet and have not heard anything. Others have posted about the good customer service of DVG so I was hoping to at the very least hear back from them.

I have the same problem with customer service (not the countersheet, the game was returned by postal services). 2 emails in 2 weeks, and no answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Ing
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Sphere - request for the forum...waiting for my password.

@Komodo - it's the same email address that I used when I bought the game from DVG as well as every other game store/development house on-line so that would be unusual but I guess stranger things have happened. Thank you very much for sending an email to DVG on my behalf...much appreciated.

@ everyone - yes, it is unusual that DVG has not responded. I've sent the email to both their customer support and their sales...nothing. I've always heard of DVG's great customer support so this is very odd. Reading the forums on DVG's games and it seems he's always been responsive in the past.

@Edgar - I wish you luck in getting in contact with DVG. I had the issue once with MMP and they responded immediately by sending out the game to me without waiting for the return item from the post office...now that is great customer service (and trust).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Ing
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy ending. Dan responded to my email last night and will be sending me a replacement sheet. I guess he's been swamped with work and the successes of his games/company (and all the work that comes with it) and caught up on his correspondence late last night. Thanks everyone for your support and guidance on what to do. My faith has been restored in DVG.

@ Edgar-hopefully he has responded to your return issue as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just posted (and deleted) that you should call him before seeing your success here

If you talk to him again, could you please ask if he's going to print mounted Battle Boards. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Gallego
Spain
Sarriguren
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Yamashira, thanks, still no news from them. I'll wait some more days and will insist then..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam Parker wrote:
If you talk to him again, could you please ask if he's going to print mounted Battle Boards. Thanks

Mounted battle boards were an incentive for pre-order, and described at the time as something that would not be available later. You can see the same language on the Field Commander: Nimitz pre-order page:

Quote:
***DVG Pre-Order Special***
Get a deluxe mounted Battle Map Board fit for a Fleet Admiral! If you pre-order Nimitz through the DVG web site, you will also receive a deluxe mounted version of the Battle Map board. The mounted Battle Map Boards will not be available later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Ing
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere is correct, the mounted battle board was an incentive for pre-ordering only...it encouraged me to pre-order. Unfortunately I didn't get my name on the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Ing
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am happy to report that the replacement sheet was received yesterday and it is perfectly cut. My faith in DVG has been restored.

Now to pre-order Fleet Commander Nimitz or Thunderbolt/Apache Leader...both look good. Do they still print your name on the box if you pre-order? If so, how does that work as I had pre-ordered Nap but didn't get my name on the box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Gallego
Spain
Sarriguren
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not happy to report that there has been no answer from DVG in near a month! angry

Near a year ago (356 days) I paid for a game, there was no problem for them to get the money but I can't have an answer to my e-mails.

Of all the game companies I have bought games, this one is going to be the one who has the worst customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Ing
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear that Edgar. Have you tried posting on ConsimWorld? Sphere mentioned that he regularly checks that forum. I was lucky as he Dan responded to my email before I got my password for ConsimWorld.

I had the same issue with MMP once with a returned game by the post office but directly calling them solved the problem asap. It may be a bit expensive with long distance but it may work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Gallego
Spain
Sarriguren
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the advice about CSW, Kent. It worked

Dan will send a replacement while the other is still on its way to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Hello Kent,

Sorry about the delay in replying. Please send a fresh email if you haven't heard from us. We have sorted through many emails this week and you would have received a response by now.

Sorry again,
-Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Ing
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dan,

No need to apologize. You actually responded several weeks ago and I received my replacement back on September 20th. All is well. Much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Kent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Ing
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Faith re-established. Couldn't decide what to get next so I pre-ordered both Fleet Commander and Thunderbolt Apache Leader

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.