Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions.

Do storms damage mulberrys (other than to prevent the landing of supplies on the turn the storms occur?

What is the purpose of the color inside the unit type square. For example, the 352nd Division has infantry units with different colors where the infantry x is.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, within the context of this game, we felt Storm damage wasn't worth modeling. Even when the historic Mulberry was damaged by the storms, it still proved to be extremely effective and was used until it was sunk. With weather already playing a critical roll, we did not feel it was something to "chance" having the Mulberries potentially eliminated within the time frame of the game (early playtest versions did have a Mulberry damaged/eliminated rule).

Color inside is mainly aesthetic, though it helps to identify the different divisions. I believe all the 352nd units should be the same internal color and I know there is a 352nd errata counter (but don't remember if that is the reason why...).

-K

dakjck wrote:
Two questions.

Do storms damage mulberrys (other than to prevent the landing of supplies on the turn the storms occur?

What is the purpose of the color inside the unit type square. For example, the 352nd Division has infantry units with different colors where the infantry x is.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your prompt reply. One last question. I thought I saw a prohibition against bringing an airborne unit back from the truly dead (both steps plus cadre eliminated). Am I dreaming?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If i remember correctly the different colors of unit symbols within the divisions differentiates the different TQ of units within the division. (yes i used a form of the word different 3 times in the same sentence) For instance I believe the 0TQ units are blue and the -1TQ are tan.

I don't remember seeing that about the airborne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Darlington
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only problem about the airborne coming back from dead is that it can only be recovered with the very limited airborne replacement steps and these are only available from the results of the first day landing,no more can be get during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.