Popular Tags: [View All]
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi friends

just want to make sure im understanding the rules correct.. (page 8 and page 15)

Is these true ?

1. BEFORE campaign start , played can pay SO to promote pilots
2. AFTER recording pilot experience , player can promote pilots if his XP is sufficient without paying any SO cost.

So the only time promotion cost SO is before the campaign and in the middle of campaign the pilot is automatically PROMOTED to higher level if his XP reached the promotion level ?

The rulebook section quotes are below :

#Page 8 rulebook
Quote:
Pilot Promotion Priority
After you choose your Campaign length, you can use the Pilot Priority Option. This allows you to immediately Promote one or more of your Pilots to his next higher level. You can Promote a Pilot more than once. Each Pilot Promotion for a Short Campaign costs 6 SO, Medium costs 12 SO, and Long costs 18 SO.

#Page 15 rulebook
Quote:
Promoting Pilots
Check for Pilot Promotion after resolving all mission Stress. If the Experience Point total for a Pilot is equal to or greater than the Promotion number for the Pilot, he is promoted. Promotion consists of switching the Pilot card for his next higher Pilot Experience Level and noting his new Experience Level on the Player Log Sheet. Pilots Promote from: Newbie to Green, Green to Average, Average to Skilled, Skilled to Veteran, and Veteran to Ace.
Example: Hunter just completed a successful mission. He has earned 2 more Experience Points, bringing his new total to 12. He Promotes from Veteran to Ace.
If a Pilot is promoted, recheck his Stress Points total to determine if he is Okay, Shaken, or Unfit. Also check to see if his Cool rating changed, and record his new Cool on the Player Log Sheet.
Once a Pilot is Promoted, he loses the Experience Points that gained him the Promotion. Record the new number of Experience Points he must earn to reach the next Experience Level on the Player Log Sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Larkin
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twinkies... YUM!
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. You only pay the SO cost when you promote the pilot before the campaign. This is done to start yourself off with a stronger squadron than you would have had otherwise. I personally, never begin a long campaign with a newbie pilot. So I pay the cost to promote him.

When pilots promote mid-campaign, it's automatic and costs no SO. They have earned the right to promote themselves. Just hope the promoted version is more desirable than the original. Sometimes they're not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cupcakus wrote:
You are correct. You only pay the SO cost when you promote the pilot before the campaign. This is done to start yourself off with a stronger squadron than you would have had otherwise. I personally, never begin a long campaign with a newbie pilot. So I pay the cost to promote him.

When pilots promote mid-campaign, it's automatic and costs no SO. They have earned the right to promote themselves. Just hope the promoted version is more desirable than the original. Sometimes they're not.

thanks for the clarification cupcakes.. i have been holding promotion for my pilots because im still in doubt about the automatic promotion in the middle of campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.