Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Morgal
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Experiencing senility daily since... I forget.
mbmbmbmbmb

Just wanted to let everyone know that Scott Pitcher (anonemous123) has finished upgrading the Vassal 1776 module. It works great, looks, great, and is simple to use. He has a couple of tweaks and improvements still planned, but it works really well just as it is. We just finished playing a game tonight.

He has done a really marvelous job. If you like 1776 and are familiar with Vassal, you really should check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up!! I will try it out!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure which module you are referring to. There are four modules on the VASSAL list: four are listed as "1st edition" and one is listed as "3rd edition."

The one I have been playing with is the "3rd edition" and it seems to have all the units, including leaders, but no tactical cards. The games listed as "1st edition" don't seem to have all the units.

So I am confused. Thanks for any clarification you can offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Morgal
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was referring to the 1st edition module: 1776-v0.3

It was posted August 10, 2011.

In the comments section he has very good notes detailing the improvements he made over the early module.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Myrdin T Sasnak wrote:
I was referring to the 1st edition module: 1776-v0.3

It was posted August 10, 2011.

In the comments section he has very good notes detailing the improvements he made over the early module.

OK, thanks. I found how the counters worked, by the way, by moving the separator bar to find the selection list. Where can I find the comments section?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Morgal
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the Vassal Module site where you download the module. The comments are located under the listed modules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.