Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Nasipak
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once a yellow city tile has been laid on Hekinan (M12), what upgrades are legal placement for that hex? As far as we can tell there are none.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron K
United States
jamesville
New York
flag msg tools
'80' maxlength='250'> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%" align="right"><b>Avatar OverText</b></td> <td width="85%"> <input type="text" name="overtext[avatar]" value="Train Game anyone?
badge
Train Game anyone?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hekinan is at M11 (home of the MRR).

You can place yellow city tiles 5 or 6. These upgrade to one of 14, 15 or 619.

As Hekinan is blocked on three adjacent sides, none of the green upgrade tiles can legally be played there.

So, yes, there are none.

-Ron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
RaDiKal wrote:
Hekinan is at M11 (home of the MRR).

You can place yellow city tiles 5 or 6. These upgrade to one of 14, 15 or 619.

As Hekinan is blocked on three adjacent sides, none of the green upgrade tiles can legally be played there.

So, yes, there are none.

-Ron

M12, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nasipak
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The exact hex reference isn't worth arguing about, but Rob confirms what we suspected during the game. No upgrades are possible there.

Our group is mostly used to 1830, 1870, and 18AL, so a map this congested and busy with cities, towns, and terrain is rather new to us.

One thing I noticed was that we didn't suffer as much as I expected from the capitalization limits. Most companies sold out within an SR or two of opening, including the GRR, which I suspect is not common in other groups' play-styles. We have a tendency to try to stay fully invested as much as possible, and people wanted to maximize their gains from mergers. We ended up with 6 or so companies still operating (all mergers, no bankruptcies) at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.