Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play a Move order to activate a leader for several units to move. I move one hex and my opponent plays an Op Fire order and shoots at me to no effect. Next I move a different unit but am careful to move it so that his units activated for Op Fire can not shoot at this unit. So, he plays another Op Fire order to activate different units to shoot at my moving unit but with no effect. So far so good. Now, here's my dilemma. I continue moving the unit but on its' next hex entry the unit again moves into LOS of the FIRST defending unit that played an Op Fire. Can he now shoot with this unit once again, even though he has played a second Op Fire order on different units since this defending unit was first activated to Op Fire?

I'm assuming that once units are activated for Op Fire (regardless of how many Op Fire activations for different units) those multiple Op Fires are in effect or tied to the original Move order I gave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, he can do that and yes for the reason you state. Note that when he is Op firing, he is playing a Fire ACTION, which is why he can play more than one. When the Move Order is over, all his Fire Actions will be too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra is on the firing step this morning !

At least, here in ROME it is morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember though that only one Op fire attack may be made for each hex entered so both units could not Op fire at the target at the same time.

I have just thought of a situation which I am unsure about, say a leader activates the squads within his command radius for op fire and during the same Move Order a different leader activates a group for op fire but one of the squads is in range of both leaders. Can the squad be under command of both leaders or does it have to stay with the original leader that activated it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
whatambush wrote:
Remember though that only one Op fire attack may be made for each hex entered so both units could not Op fire at the target at the same time.

I have just thought of a situation which I am unsure about, say a leader activates the squads within his command radius for op fire and during the same Move Order a different leader activates a group for op fire but one of the squads is in range of both leaders. Can the squad be under command of both leaders or does it have to stay with the original leader that activated it?

Since a unit can only be activated once per turn it's activation is tied to the first leader that activated it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:

Chick! What are doing in Rome? Did you go there to play CC with
Simone dalla Chiesa
Italy
Cassina de' Pecchi
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
?

surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hughes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
whatambush wrote:

Since a unit can only be activated once per turn it's activation is tied to the first leader that activated it.

Any and all activated units can fire during the move order, regardless of who activated them.

If Leader A activates Unit 1 for an op fire, and then during the same Move Order Leader B activates Unit 2 (with a different op fire action card on another hex of MP expenditure), then Unit 2 CAN form a fire group with Unit 1 (assuming they are adjacent and both have LOS/Range to the target).

Units aren't "tied" to the leader that activated them. Once activated they can form fire groups with other leaders, fire independently, etc.

Heck, you can even have a unit stacked with leader A be activated by Leader B (assuming the unit is within B's command radius) - that unit will benefit from A's command number for firing, even though A himself isn't activated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone dalla Chiesa
Italy
Cassina de' Pecchi
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
chicklewis wrote:

Chick! What are doing in Rome? Did you go there to play CC with
Simone dalla Chiesa
Italy
Cassina de' Pecchi
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
?

surprise

Not yet! The big showdown is scheduled for Thursday, the week after the next, in Venice.

By the way, Chick & Donna: you don't happen to be beer users?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra, are you effing psychic or something ??? Yes, one of the highlights of our five week vacation in Italy will be meeting Simone in Venice and playing CC. How could you possibly intuit that ??

Simone, neither of us are committed beer drinkers, but I do like a cold, frothy glass from time to time. Beer makes me more likely to channel Walt, playing very aggressively and taking bigger risks playing CC.

Neither Donna nor I expected Rome to be so MUGGY. Having a great time so far being tourists. .

Chick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:
Malacandra, are you effing psychic or something ??? Yes, one of the highlights of our five week vacation in Italy will be meeting Simone in Venice and playing CC. How could you possibly intuit that ??

Well, that's the reason *I* would go to Italy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Venice and Rome are both really great places to play tourist! Incredibly beautiful architecture. Have fun!

BTW Florence is cool too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Palmer
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was lucky enough to visit all 3 this summer. They are all beautiful. But you are right. Florence was breathtaking! What a trip!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gerry: You should have bailed on your group to get in a game with Simone!

Simone and Chick: We want a detailed AAR of your battle. devil

William, the OP: Sorry to hijack your thread. At least it was answered right off! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, rather a successful hiJack, is it not?

Our schedule is Rome Florence Venice (fly to) Palermo Siracusa Sorrento Rome,

Saw St Peters Balilica, the Sistine Chapel, and the Vatican Museum today. Sweating like a piggie most of the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:
Yes, rather a successful hiJack, is it not?

Our schedule is Rome Florence Venice (fly to) Palermo Siracusa Sorrento Rome,

Saw St Peters Balilica, the Sistine Chapel, and the Vatican Museum today. Sweating like a piggie most of the time.

With all the posting you've been doing I'm rather surprised to hear you've even left the hotel... laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Palmer
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We did that same touring cycle in one day just like you did. It was in mid-July and someone on our tour said it was the hottest day in Rome in 10 years. That's probably not accurate but I'm sure I sweat just as much as you did!

But I'm sure you will agree that it was worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.