Subject: Older sets and newer sets - question on paint jobs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original sets had horrible paint jobs, but I notice a lot of the later sets had really nice paint jobs. When was this change made, and was it a gradual change, or did they get their acts together one day and made a change with a new series, etc.

I'd like to know what sets to avoid and what sets to look for to add into my collection. I find that some of the ugly paint jobs really make me not want to play them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
It was sort of gradual, as some of the later 1.0 sets like Minions had pretty decent paint jobs. However, with 2.0, the paint jobs typically got a lot better (although still keep in mind, they are mass produced and aren't going to be super-ultra-supreme quality).

Really, I think the original Rebellion set was probably the only one that had noticibly bad paint jobs; most of the rest of the 1.0 sets, even the earlier ones, were passable, even if not great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info, and that could be about the first set. I have a lot of (horrible) minis from when the game first came out and we played a lot, and it seems like the painting is a lot better on any later minis I got in trades and whatnot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.