United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are amazed at the response so far, the project has raised almost $32,000 in funds in 22 days! With just over a week to go it looks like we are on track to hit $40,000!

We have been trying to find something useful/exclusive to include in the Kickstarter and have an exclusive new Kickstarter reward to die for! Yes this will be included for all rewards USA shipmeents of $12 or more at all levels if the funding reaches $40,000. So what is it?

A Zombie Die!

One small annoyance of the game is that you have to remember how many zombies are supposed to come out each turn. The game starts with one zombie per turn and then climbs to 2,3,4 or more as the game progresses. We have admittedly lost track of the # of zombies coming out on occasion so thought what better way to keep track than with a Zombie Die! Yes Die Zombie Die!

Just start the game with the Rosie the Riveter face up indicating one zombie per turn. Then each time you shuffle the zombie deck and move up a level you change the Zombie Die up by one number. This way you always remember how many zombies are supposed to come out. It is a simple, fun way to remember the zombies and really how could we say no to a Zombie Die! Whats more, it will easily fit in the box!

Every single copy USA shipments will get this exclusive Zombie Die! with every copy in your reward if the pledge gets over $40,000... which should be easy based on how it has done so far.

UPDATE 9/14/11: We just had word from Chessex (who is making the die) that the dice will take about 8 weeks to produce. They are on it now but we are in a real pickle here now, we don't want to hold everyone's shipment up for 8 weeks, but we also cannot afford to send international customers a single die separately for $1.72 per package. We will give international shipments the option to wait the extra 7 weeks to have the items ship with the die, or have us ship it on any subsequent order from Mayday Games, or even pay us the $1.50 extra for shipping if they want to send it separately. We know this is bad news, and its worse because we won't have the die for Essen either.

Tell your friends about the Eaten By Zombies infection, get a 2nd copy for your friends/loved ones/undead or use it as a door prize at your upcoming Halloween party! You will have it in plenty of time as the game will be shipping around the end of September or early October! Yes it is en route to us now!

Please spread the infection and help us get this over the $40,000 goal!

Be sure and check the last 24 hours of the campaign too for one last surprise for all existing backers ONLY. Yes the special offer will only be for backers that are already pledged!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brownsill
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 8 Days of Kickstarter yet, it is at almost $32,000... will it reach $40,000? Zombie Die bonus!
What about those of us that pre-ordered before it went on Kickstarter

Will you have some at Essen that could either be picked up with our pre-order or I'd even buy one if you had them.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 8 Days of Kickstarter yet, it is at almost $32,000... will it reach $40,000? Zombie Die bonus!
John (and others), if you preordered before Kickstarter we have your names and will be happy to GIVE you the free die at Essen. Please come by the booth and we will check you against the list! Thanks John for your support, please don't forget to review the game or rate it here on BGG as it is pretty new and people could use the input!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kareem Koh
Malaysia
Puchong
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pogle wrote:
What about those of us that pre-ordered before it went on Kickstarter

Will you have some at Essen that could either be picked up with our pre-order or I'd even buy one if you had them.

Thanks

Yeap. Would be great if we could buy it too? Since most won't be going to Essen..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we will get all of the people who preordered the info on the die once we have them in hand. We aren't 100% sure they are going to be made yet as we will have to see about the $40,000 goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brownsill
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
John (and others), if you preordered before Kickstarter we have your names and will be happy to GIVE you the free die at Essen. Please come by the booth and we will check you against the list! Thanks John for your support, please don't forget to review the game or rate it here on BGG as it is pretty new and people could use the input!

Great stuff thanks for that. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the Kickstarter makes $40k.

I pre-ordered on your site and will be picking up at Essen, so can't rate or review it yet.

I'm going with 4 friends, one of who I know also pre-ordered so we'll definitely be getting some games in once we pick it up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really like to get this die. I'm afraid you have set the limit a bit high, 35k would have been more appropriate. Don't forget, the Kickstarter goal was 5k. This had already a lot of attention, the target audience has already pledged.

But still, positive big thinking is a good thing so I'll hope for the best. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We thought the $40,000 was pretty reasonable given that it was at $31,750 after 22 days and 8 days to go... that is $1,400 per day for the first 22 days. If it did that for 8 more days that would put it at $43,000.

It's at $33,000 with over 7 days to go now and looks like it will be pretty close. We also added a store level support for 12 copies of the game for stores, so we could get some large additional support there, just 5-6 of those is another $1,000. We'll see how it goes and work on it.

With Get Bit! it missed its last goal by $250 and we are going to give the reward for that goal out anyway.

Who knows, maybe it will get close to $45,000 and we will put another promo card out there with 2 days to go!... or maybe not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
We thought the $40,000 was pretty reasonable given that it was at $31,750 after 22 days and 8 days to go... that is $1,400 per day for the first 22 days. If it did that for 8 more days that would put it at $43,000.

It's at $33,000 with over 7 days to go now and looks like it will be pretty close. We also added a store level support for 12 copies of the game for stores, so we could get some large additional support there, just 5-6 of those is another $1,000. We'll see how it goes and work on it.

With Get Bit! it missed its last goal by $250 and we are going to give the reward for that goal out anyway.

Who knows, maybe it will get close to $45,000 and we will put another promo card out there with 2 days to go!... or maybe not.

Just hope all of us who bought the Limited edition (before the Kickstarter program was even announced) will have a chance to buy all these new, cool Kickstarter bonuses.

Thanks,
Jack
Proud owner of EbZ Limited Edition #36

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Jack, if/when we decide to proceed with anything extra we will email you directly about it with opportunities to buy/acquire any new stuff. It will not be available to the general public except on Kickstarter though.

How are you liking the game Jack? Do tell .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seth, is there an option for those of us who already own Eaten by Zombies who want to just get the expansion?

I'd love to add into the Kickstarter but I don't need multiple copies of the game...

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:

This is quite reasonable, thanks and good luck again! Can't wait to get the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Schultz
United States
Rolling Prairie
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie dice here we come! I just placed my Kickstarter pledge to put the total at $40,003.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to be sure I understand. I pre-ordered on Kickstarter and live in the US. I did not add the 2 player expansion but the implication from your message is I'll get the die shipped to me later for no extra charge. Or do I need to buy something on your website to get it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert T.
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
We will give international shipments the option to wait the extra 7 weeks to have the items ship with the die, or have us ship it on any subsequent order from Mayday Games, or even pay us the $1.50 extra for shipping if they want to send it separately.

Where can we make our choices? Also, if I have made a donation via paypal can I still choose to postpone my shipment (or even change my shipping address since I'll be living in another place in 7 weeks time)?

edit: Since I'm asking questions- will there be a possibility to order the expansion independently of the core game? If not, can I upgrade my paypal preorder?

Thank you in advance for any answers :).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bootylactin wrote:
Zombie dice here we come! I just placed my Kickstarter pledge to put the total at $40,003.

You Jon are our new hero for the day!

Yes you are reading that right, the zombie die will ship separately at no extra charge within the USA.

For the extra $1.50 charge we will ask you to send the paypal.com payment to us manually to maydaygames@gmail.com. Kickstarter does NOT allow for payments in increments of less than a whole dollar so it is our only option I'm afraid.

If you are moving then email me directly at seth@maydaygames.com to let me know the new address for the die and I'll take care of it personally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
Seth,

For those of us that pledged the proper amount to get the expansion and international shipping, would it be possible to ship the zombie die with the expansion when it is available? (rather than delay the game or send a separate shipment)

David.

Really looking forward to playing this.

[edit: I fail at reading. That's exactly what the update said. sigh]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.