Recommend
30 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: So stupidly busy lately with non-gaming stuff... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
...That I have a box of about 5 games from Boards and Bits still sitting in my basement, unopened.

I have about 10 reviews I need to do, 5 mystery boxes to finalize and ship out, a house to finish renovating, a daughter starting pre-school, my work has entered its most busy part of the year, and a 8-month pregnant wife still home on bedrest going completely stir crazy.

I actually came into work this morning so I could get some things done. My reports are running in the background on my pc as I type this. I haven't really cruised BGG and checked this place out in over 5 or 6 days, which may seem completely normal to some of you, but for me, that's nuts. I have 10 unread geekmails and 78 subscription notifications staring at me.

Man - the real world is really not much fun.
38 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Know where you are coming from, reality has been a constant source of problems in my life. shake

Hope all will be well and that reality will allow you to get back to those things that are important, family and games! Looking forward to your next review when you have time!

"Wheel to the storm and fly..."
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Webb
United States
Verona
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Let's Go Pens!
badge
One more win...Beat the Sharks!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hang in there... Things will look up eventually.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wwwebb wrote:
Hang in there... Things will look up eventually.


Trust me, it's not a complaint - I am going to have my hands full with the new little tyke soon enough (and a bunch of paid paternity leave) - I just wish I had MORE time.

Get this - things got so bad this weekend...

I even canceled my normal gaming time on Saturday so I could hang up closet doors and shelving in the basement.

I am insane.
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
Get this - things got so bad this weekend...

I even canceled my normal gaming time on Saturday so I could hang up closet doors and shelving in the basement.

I am insane.


As long it was more shelving for games it might be okay, otherwise your gaming group might be alarmed enough to be considering an intervention. laugh
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pone4games wrote:
UndeadViking wrote:
Get this - things got so bad this weekend...

I even canceled my normal gaming time on Saturday so I could hang up closet doors and shelving in the basement.

I am insane.


As long it was more shelving for games it might be okay, otherwise your gaming group might be alarmed enough to be considering an intervention. laugh


I remember teh pre-school and preggo days. mine are early el and I have waaaay more time than I did then. More stuff for them, but its way easier for the wife and I to trade off nights so I can get a game night in every other week or so.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually the only problem I had to solve this weekend was trying to time the rain so my wife could get out and mow the lawn (before I hear about this, I've had some surgery and can't "jar" my hands).

As always, I did an impeccable job and the lawn looks great.

I know you're counting your blessings, Lance. Here's to you and your family. As a matter of fact, here's to all families.thumbsupthumbsup
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Tadyshak
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
Actually the only problem I had to solve this weekend was trying to time the rain so my wife could get out and mow the lawn (before I hear about this, I've had some surgery and can't "jar" my hands).

As always, I did an impeccable job and the lawn looks great.

I know you're counting your blessings, Lance. Here's to you and your family. As a matter of fact, here's to all families.thumbsupthumbsup
Here here!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
I am insane.


It's hereditary. You get it from your children!

TIA 4 teh reviews!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty much in the same boat, Lance. Good luck to you - hopefully we'll both turn the corner soon.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N/A
United States
Yankeedom
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
Man - the real world is really not much fun.

It can be, but it sure hasn't been lately.

Like Sphere, here's hoping there's a corner to be turned sometime soon.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with your new baby Lance. My 4yo son starts pre-school in about an hour... i was just killing a few minutes before we leave when i read your post.

We got to raise our future gamers right! Family first, games second (everything else can just get in line and wait)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
...That I have a box of about 5 games from Boards and Bits still sitting in my basement, unopened.

I have about 10 reviews I need to do, 5 mystery boxes to finalize and ship out, a house to finish renovating, a daughter starting pre-school, my work has entered its most busy part of the year, and a 8-month pregnant wife still home on bedrest going completely stir crazy.

I actually came into work this morning so I could get some things done. My reports are running in the background on my pc as I type this. I haven't really cruised BGG and checked this place out in over 5 or 6 days, which may seem completely normal to some of you, but for me, that's nuts. I have 10 unread geekmails and 78 subscription notifications staring at me.

Man - the real world is really not much fun.


I know what it is like to have a load that is almost overwhleming. The important thing to remember is not to let those BGG subscription totals get you down. If you need to let something go for a period of time it is not the end of the world. I have some 300 posts to read in one space here on the Geek...I will get to them...I am trying really hard...it will happen soon.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.