Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know dice and cards are all the rage. Dice are pretty fun, but I couldnt be more out on making sets. SOOOOO many of the new games are do X and Y while trying to make a set of Z. Thats rummy. Rummy with zombies/wizards/monsters/etc on the cards. And by all accounts we are ok with this.

I know there is more to it and I am hating a bit, but at its core making sets doesnt excite me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
No set making here:

DIG: the Card Game

1.) Decide which Dwarves you want to hire.
2.) Decide which Tools you can afford to buy this turn.
3.) Dig some Tunnels.
4.) Mine those Tunnels.
5.) Collect Gemstones.
6.) Decide if/when to sell those Gemstones to the Shop (varying prices)
7.) Amass Gold Coins.

Shameless Plug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To Court the King is a themed Yahtzee type game with some special abilities thrown in.

Each player is a young nobleman or noble that just have arived at the royal court. You now have to gain influence at the court. You roll die to influence different people at the court each represented by a Yahtzee die roll. Each person you win over at your side will give you a special ability or extra dice. As you more up the rangs you will eventually get the chance to influence the King.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a card game called Planet kort. It's a game about the planets, moons, comets and asteroids is our solar system. I can be played it three ways. One of the them is a rummy game. Unfortunately it's only available in Denmark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
Most dice or card hobby games leave me cold. A few card games have done things differently enough to catch my interest, but no dice games yet.

A board that allows elements of position and movement is a big advantage. Add cards and dice to that and you have lots to work with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clear, I do not like set making with dice or cards. That was the snarky point of my post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.