Guy Steuperaert
Belgium
Desselgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first part it says cannot defeat while any hill troll cards are in play.

I presume this means i can go question and add progression tokesn. But it wont be done till i kill the cave troll?

Second stage it says add one additional card each quest phase. do not make engament checks. Does this mean i can just ignore all the mobs and just go quest as fast a possible(would be thematic to since i am rushing down the river)

Last stage i add two encounter and from then on i dont add any more cards.
I do have to make engament checks now i think.
I defeated all the lower threat mobs. does that mean i can keep on go questing with a char equal to the current threat in the stage to make my threat not go up then do nothing and up my threat one at the end of turn. Then start next turn draw card and accumutate resources and so on till i get the card(s) that i need? (not really thematic, although you could say i leave the boat, kill the trash and avoid the nasty beasties till i am fully prepared)

Greetings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Batt
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Rebel
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few other posts here about Journey Down the Anduin, maybe some of your questions are answered already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes that's right. You can keep putting quest tokens on the quest, but you can't move on until there are no trolls in the staging area.

2) You can do that, however be careful that your threat level doesn't get out of hand. Also remember that those enemies will be waiting to ambush you in stage 3 of the quest.

3) Yes if you have enough quest power to do this. Don't forget you will also be attacked by any enemies still in the staging area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Steuperaert
Belgium
Desselgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks thats exactly how i played it then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember though that in stage 2B, you don't make any engagement tests, but you can eliminate enemies, voluntarily engaging them.

If you dont you'll find yourself with a gazilion enemies, in the 3rd stage, to take care of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Steuperaert
Belgium
Desselgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know i mostly just ignored everything in stage two and completed it soon enough, think two turns.

Had a gandalf to help eowyn aragorn and his Celebrian's Stone faramir and several allys.

Once done i had to add two more encounters but most of them where high threat, mine was below 20 at the time. So i just had to pick of the weak once at first and then take on the big ones one by one.

I just constructed a second deck to. Tactics lore but its hard.

Seems that spirit is very good in questing, locations, and some other stuff. Leadership is ok questing but very nice with faramir and celebrian's stone, can do abit about location and is decent in combat.

With lore tactics i can fill the fight part but i cant quest at all and locations are a pain. So probably will have to rework my decks to get two decent ones.

Suggestions?

Leadership with lore or tactics and then spirit with the one left over.

input welcome.

I mostly play solo now but plan to play with two soon if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.