Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I would like to upgrade my upcoming Eclipse miniatures with acrylic flight stands, but the ones Games Workshop sells are too big in my opinion.

I've found some alternative flight stands from [geekurl=http://www.litko.net/categories/Flight-Stands/]Litko[/geekurl], but not much more on the subject.
One further problem is that I don't know where to order Litko stuff in Germany, too.

Does anybody know of more cool and fitting flight stands that can be bought in rather large quantitites for not too much cash?

I will need at least 84 flight stands for all the miniatures Eclipse will ship with.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sampo Sikiö
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
it's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky / it's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight / they say the sun is sometimes eclipsed by a moon / you know i don't see you when she walks in the room
badge
Shapers of Dorado
mbmbmbmbmb
Antti's (see the Xeno Project thread) flight stands are from em4miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Autio
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
Gina, Escher gang leader (Necromunda). Don't mess with her or she'll kick your ass.. actually, she's gonna do it anyway!
mbmbmbmbmb
rashktah wrote:
Does anybody know of more cool and fitting flight stands that can be bought in rather large quantitites for not too much cash?

Try em4miniatures, that's where I bought mine from: http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/MINIAATURES_BASES.html

I suggest you buy some spares too, since the bases can be a bit fragile if dropped, for instance.

EDIT: Oh, I see Sampo already answered this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant, and the bases are quite cheap, too.

Hopefully they ship to Germany, too...

Thanks, guys!

EDIT: Just ordered 8 bags of the acrylic flight stands for ~10 Pounds. Wow, what a cheap buy. 120 flight stands are inbound... yay!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy tiny magnets (like the ones used for attaching the aircrafts to stands in Check Your 6!) to glue at the bases and ships so they can be easily removed and stored in the box.

http://i-94enterprises.com/check_your_6!_stuff.htm

(50 magnets for $10)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a looooong time Warhammer 40K player I have lots and lots of Neodym magnets ready to use in my manyfold bitz boxes. That should not pose a problem.

Anyone knows how long it usually takes em4miniatures to send out orders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Autio
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
Gina, Escher gang leader (Necromunda). Don't mess with her or she'll kick your ass.. actually, she's gonna do it anyway!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they were fairly fast with my orders. I don't think it'll take them more than a week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant - still too many weeks until Eclipse hits Essen 2011...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, THEY are fast!

My flight stands arrived today...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Lavigne
Canada
flag msg tools
Sorry to necro this thread but I couldn't find an answer to my question.

Has anyone bought both the magnets and the stands? I couldn't find how many magnets I need for the 84 ships.

Do I need 100 magnets (1 magnet=1 ship part and 1 stand part) or 200 magnets (1 magnet = 1 part)?

Also, are the stands much bigger than the interceptors? Do you feel like the stands have just made a really big fight impossible on the hexes?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.