Subject: Timing questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some timing questions after playing a few games last night. The first is about when an adventure card comes out that has an "At midnight" effect, if it is already midnight when you bring it out, does that effect trigger once right away? Or do you wait until it actually changes to midnight the first time to enact it?

Also, similarly, when you awaken the GOO, does it do it's first attack right then? Or does it wait until the first time it becomes midnight again to do it's first attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lawhun
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
According to the manual, you resolve all game effects in play that say "At Midnight" when you advance the clock, right before you draw your next Mythos card.

Same thing with the Ancient One, it attacks the moment you advance the clock to midnight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently, Launius told someone something different if you believe this post:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/7379848#7379848

If it happens during an adventure you finish the adventure. I'd like to see this question brought up again directly with Launius to make sure that there's no "cocktail party phenomenon" going on, but for now I'll work with the hearsay.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.