Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerald Katz
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LEO All/Novice

Gains Lucre For Being Acknowledged

You have the power of Celebrity. When not a main player, each time you are invited to ally use this power to collect 2 Lucre from the bank, even if you don’t ally. As main player, for all players who ally with you with at least 3 ships, use this power to allow them to take 2 Lucre from the bank. Regardless if you are main player or not, if another player targets you to lose ships (other than the normal loss of an encounter) or cards (other than through normal compensation), use this power to for that player to pay you 1 Lucre per ships or card lost. If he does not have enough Lucre, he must lose a number of ships to the warp or cards from hand at random respectively for each Lucre he cannot pay.

History: The Leos thrive on publicity. As long as people talk to them or about them, they know they are important enough to have an affect on other people's lives. Cosmic domination simply means others have no choice but give them the adulation they crave.

Use Only In A Game With Lucre

FLARE

Destiny
Wild: When your color is actually flipped in the destiny pile, collect 5 Lucre from the bank.

All
Super: Your Lucre rewards for yourself and allies are doubled.

Commentary: This is a Lucre power from the Astrology series of powers created by bunnythor. My change to the power is that when a player targets Leo for a loss, I limited payment be caused by just causing loss of cards or ships. Bunnythor included all game components, but I surmised this would be ambiguous. For example, if a player causes Leo to lose a colony and thus three ships go to the warp, what happens? Is 4 Lucre paid, one for each ship and the colony, or only 3 Lucre for the ships because "colony" is just a terminology not a physical game component, or only 1 Lucre because the player only targeted one thing for loss, namely the colony, and not the three ships that are simply collateral damage?

Commentary from Bunnythor: Leo is an interesting power because the other players could nullify Leo's power, but to do so they would have to leave Leo alone, which is almost a power in itself. But this never happens, because everyone wants to be in Leo's entourage. Leo is always rich enough to buy friends. Leo/Grief always has cards and money. Leo even gets along okay with Extortionist, which is rare indeed.

Gerald Katz
Don't forget to tip the Butler!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
NICE! I'd always hated aliens that kill your ships or force you to discard stuff. This sounds like somebody really fun to play against shadow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.