Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl White
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife is as big a knitting geek as I am a gaming geek. Which, as it turns out, is rather handy.

I was sitting next to her last night watching TV, pondering solutions to hit point tracking in SotM. I have more D10s than you can shake a stick at, but they're bit fiddly to use for tracking HP, and prone to getting knocked over during beer-fuelled gaming sessions.

Imagine my surprise when I looked down into my wife's knitting bag and spotted the perfect HP tracker!

You can see them here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KNITTING-ROW-COUNTER-REGISTER-5-5-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a good solution for MTG too. Thx!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Niiice! Thanks for sharing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Mann
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got some of these from your suggestion here. Fantastic for heroes and villains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stel Larator
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Fantastic hint. Thanks. I just ordered a bunch of them from my local knitting store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Devine
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea for more than 2 player Lord of the Rings LCG too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For any Singaporeans looking for these, you can buy them from Spotlight (Plaza Singapura) under the knitting section for about SGD3 a piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Stark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How are you guys tracking minion health? I am going to buy a copy of this game and have seen a number of suggestions for tracking hero/villan health, but not much on minions. Seems like tracking minion HP could be tedious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best I have tried are tokens in denominations of 1 and 5, either coins or something from other games like Nexus Op's money tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Arenson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
metal134 wrote:
How are you guys tracking minion health? I am going to buy a copy of this game and have seen a number of suggestions for tracking hero/villan health, but not much on minions. Seems like tracking minion HP could be tedious.

Handful of six and ten sided dice.

I've also used a handful of coins.

Both work great for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fanatique vertigo
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to give back a little - again to any Singaporeans out there - you can get them knitting counters for just $3.50 for 2 at Spotlight in Plaza Singapura.

A 2-pack is usually $5, but Spotlight is running 30% off craft items right now with a free membership you can sign up for on the spot.

Hope this helps other Sg SOTM fans out there.

Edit - $3.50 for two, not one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Deignan
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
metal134 wrote:

I put my iPad in the middle of the table and track everything with that. You can add minion "cards" to the display for tracking purposes. Can be a bit tedious when you run into something like The Matriarch but if that happens I just start using counters for the minions. It works fine for every hero except Unity when she gets a bunch of bots out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.