Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex

Québec
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, my name is Alex.

I bought Earth Reborn about six weeks ago.

I have a nice boardgame collection, full of games I love, but since buying Earth Reborn, I haven't been able to play anything else. Thirty games later, I haven't even touched another game in my collection.

I know they feel neglected, unloved.

And it's particularly hard, because my gaming buddies don't do anything to help me with this problem. They only want to play Earth Reborn. Like me, they feel like we have only scratched the surface.

I even started tinkering with creating new factions and scenarios, and my pamphlet says that I'm a stage where I may endanger my loved ones and family.

What I can do?

Wait, could the answer be more Earth Reborn? After all, if I play even more, I should get sick of the game at one point, right? ...right? wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jellospike wrote:
Hello, my name is Alex.

I have a nice boardgame collection, full of games I love, but since buying Earth Reborn, I haven't been able to play anything else. Thirty games later, I haven't even touched another game in my collection.

And it's particularly hard, because my gaming buddies don't do anything to help me with this problem. They only want to play Earth Reborn. Like me, they feel like we have only scratched the surface.

I even started tinkering with creating new factions and scenarios, and my pamphlet says that I'm a stage where I may endanger my loved ones and family.

What I can do?

Wait, could the answer be more Earth Reborn? After all, if I play even more, I should get sick of the game at one point, right? ...right? wow

*envy*

I'm still in the process of introducing people to ER, and it's slow going since I almost have no time to play outside the family (my wife really dislikes zombies, so ER is a no-go).
I wish for your situation but a year of stressful waste of time on a incompetent building contractor has laid waste to most outgoing social gaming. I will occasionally set up a game on my desk and play me vs. myself, but I don't always get to complete a game before taking it down again
Hopefully the new people are better people and our house one day will be real... and hopefully we survive the process. I've heard some people bemoan the horrors of even rebuilding their kitchen... now I understand.
I've got a lot of neglected games and ER is unfortunately one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McKendrick
United Kingdom
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DenGad wrote:
jellospike wrote:
Hello, my name is Alex.

What I can do?

*envy*

I'm still in the process of introducing people to ER, and it's slow going since I almost have no time to play outside the family (my wife really dislikes zombies, so ER is a no-go).
I wish for your situation but a year of stressful waste of time on a incompetent building contractor has laid waste to most outgoing social gaming. I will occasionally set up a game on my desk and play me vs. myself, but I don't always get to complete a game before taking it down again
Hopefully the new people are better people and our house one day will be real... and hopefully we survive the process. I've heard some people bemoan the horrors of even rebuilding their kitchen... now I understand.
I've got a lot of neglected games and ER is unfortunately one of them.

Hope things get better for you soon Dennis I play most of my ER solitaire too .... still haven't ensnared any live opponents My wife being a bit like yours re zombies ..... I keep trying to tell her that these are 'reanimated beings'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife is weird about Zombies as well, even to the point of hearing the word creeps her out. Fortunately she allowed me to teach her the game and she basically said the games "Zombie theme" is thin at best. It's barely there and the parts that do exist aren't bad at all. It's one of her favorite games to play next to War of the Ring.

Just get them to the table and let them see it's not really as bad as it appears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was fortunate enough to get my partner past the theme. Unfortunately it still just didn't click with her. She was extremely forgiving of the game and played it half a dozen time and was prepared to keep going, but I had to call end end to the whole experiment. Because while I was absolutely infatuated with the game system by then, it was pretty obvious that it wasn't doing it for her, and she was playing it pretty much just for me.

It's a shame, as I think as skirmish games go, the ER game system is as close to perfect as it could possibly get, but I've temporarily set the game aside until I can get one of my friends to give it a go sometime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.