Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert P
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a 42 point game the other day and although I had to waste 2 points I just left the Everest in the box and took the rest ... and won against the Wretch.(I've to admit that my opponent wasn't too familiar with the game)
IMO the Everest is overprized to launch, a lame duck on the board (move 3!) and costs a hell 6 points to activate.

So what do you think? Is there a worthwile strategy with the Everest? Or wouldn't the humans be better off without it, which means that smaller energy-fleet-strength would be a way to balance the game as well (cause it would favor humans)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor H
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have not played without the big ships yet, but I will. I think you will do really good without them too. More activations is always a good thing.
But I will say this; the Everest do take a lot of damage, and that alone migth make it worth taking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion, it matters what else you can bring and what rank you give the Everest.
I actually prefer the seasoned level as it comes with 2 nukes. Free.
If you can get Biles (sp?) on it it brings up it primary weapon to 2 shots at 4 strength I believe. Which can be brutal.
As mentioned before it can take a good amount of damage, and will be the main target for some, leaving your more agile ships to move around and dish out damage.
Put a Rocket pack on it for some close in and youre good. Once you launch a nuke anyway.
I try and get Chao out asap as well, as she can bring the nukes back out.
I try and give one to the Barrage and have it moving around lighting up any ships it can get to.

When we play our next game, it will be 48 points.
My load out is going to be:
Everest, Seasoned
Barrage, Vet
Torrent, Standard
Rook, Vet
Hawks, Vet

Ill chime in and put the experience of that load out online as soon as the battle takes place.

Cheers and good hunting,
J.R.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on the points, but I prefer a Regular ISN Everest (lowest experience), a Veteran ISN-Torrent, Veteran Rook, and then all of the Fighter squadrons at whatever experience I can afford.

The Everest is very nice to have in combination with the Torrent due to the range boost. Additionally, if you give the Everest the Hero with +1 damage to main weapon the Everest packs a lot of stopping power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.