Subject: Couple of questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cezary Domalski
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need some clarification about some aspects of playing and using event cards.
1. Manpower Reserves (#2), Strategic Reserves (#24) - did units bring on map via Rail Movement has Disorganized Marker? If yes - can I remove them same time i played that event?
2. Black Sea Fleet (#3) - is hex 1614 (hex number taken from Vassal module) give a bonus shift?
3. Anti - Bolshevik Crusade (#20), Great Patriotic War (#40) - is this cards are shuffled to a new draw pile?
4. River Crossing(#27), Bridgehead (#39) - can I play this card just for a purpose cancelling "-" effect on CRT?
5. Surprise Attack (#36) - can I move unit to a hex with unit marked a Counterblow marker?
6. Gott mit Uns (#2), and Conflicting Hitler Directives (#15) - last one cancels played event card. Can I play Gott mit Uns to perform just cancelled event?

One more questions:
- weather and 14.14.2 - if I draw f.e. Fickle Weather (#11) in non-variable weather turn, I must play it?

Thanks in advance - Cezary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, this is more than a couple!

1- Yes they are disorganized (see 7.7 and 7.9). You could remove the Dizorganized marker by paying a card for each (rule 7.10) although in those two instances I don't know why you would do it.

2- Yes

3- Yes!

4- No. You have to follow the card's instructions exactly.

5- Yes. The intent of the card was that the stack ends adjacent to an enemy stack with a counterblow on it. If the counterblow counter is already there, so much the better.

6- You mean you play card #2 and then the Soviet plays card #15, cancelling card #2? Then you cannot to anything with card #2: it has been cancelled.

The last question:

YES, you MUST play the Fickle Weather (#11) card, as instructed on the card, then draw a new one (in this instance the card has no effect).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cezary Domalski
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carl you are faster than a German tanks in June'41
One more about question number 6 - I mean that some other event (not Gott mit Uns) was just cancelled via #15. Can I use Gott mit Uns then to enable cancelled event?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
clownPL wrote:
Carl you are faster than a German tanks in June'41
One more about question number 6 - I mean that some other event (not Gott mit Uns) was just cancelled via #15. Can I use Gott mit Uns then to enable cancelled event?

You weasel! Of course you can! I'm giving you one for that cool card play idea. Heh heh heh... devil

Rule 5.0 (Once is Enough) says:

Once is Enough: Because cards can be retrieved from the Discard Pile and reused, this rule applies: The exact same Event cannot occur twice during a single Player Turn

But in your case the Event was cancelled before it could occur, so can be retrieved and played immediately.

OOPS... No you can't... Sorry...

The event was played, and thus placed in the discard pile (on top), then the "Hitler Directives" card was played: It is placed ON TOP of your event card, cancelling it.

So when you play your "Got Mit uns" card, the top of the discard pile is NOT your event card anymore, but the "Hitler Directives" card.

Sorry. Nice try though.

(Edited many times after changing my mind. LOL!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cezary Domalski
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again for fast (and furious ) answers Carl. It is one of my favourite part of this game - almost endless possibilities of card playing combination, which is important to replayability of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
clownPL wrote:
Thanks again for fast (and furious ) answers Carl. It is one of my favourite part of this game - almost endless possibilities of card playing combination, which is important to replayability of the game.

Right! It took me quite a while to make sure no weird card conflicts could occur. But the possibilities are almost endless, so I might have missed a few... whistle

The main goal of the cards (besides that they are very fun and mini-rilesets in themselves) is that they will most probably defeat any "perfect plans", since you cannot know for sure what the opponents card hand is, and he could pull off some very interesting surprises.

BTW the very first prototype "proof of concept" of the game, made in early 2008, did NOT have any even cards! It worked well, but of course was missing something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cezary Domalski
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
you cannot know for sure what the opponents card hand is, and he could pull off some very interesting surprises.

You betcha that they can ruin all plans! Last evening I want attack Moscow. I manage a 3:2 odds and played with smile "Heinz Guderian" card (#37) that is auto DR in a 3:2 and better odds. Fast Heinz is a very good card, and my soldiers was prepared to run into a Soviet capital.
But...my opponent played "Not a Step Back" (#18) which converts all DR results to a EX...angry
Wonderful game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.