Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Quarriors!» Forums » General

Subject: Playable With 5? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good afternoon, I understand the game lists 2-4 players, but this game seems like it could play 5 (kind of like Dominion and Forbidden Island can play with more than listed on the box).

Has anyone tried a 5 player game? Results?

Thank you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.jasonbegy.com
badge
http://www.jasonbegy.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You would need to change the starting dice or add another set because they are not enough dice for 5 sets of the starting config.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Thompson

Las Vegas
Nevada
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasonbartfast wrote:
You would need to change the starting dice or add another set because they are not enough dice for 5 sets of the starting config.


Sounds like something that should be included in Quarriors! Rise of the Demons subtle hint here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
Avatar
mb
Kassanova wrote:
Jasonbartfast wrote:
You would need to change the starting dice or add another set because they are not enough dice for 5 sets of the starting config.

Sounds like something that should be included in Quarriors! Rise of the Demons subtle hint here.

I don't know. There's already a lot happening between your turns that are going to increase the chance of you losing your creatures in play, so I don't see that adding another player would increase the enjoyment of the game for me. I'm happy keeping the maximum at 4 players.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
East Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
www.finchleygamesclub.org
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
Kassanova wrote:
Jasonbartfast wrote:
You would need to change the starting dice or add another set because they are not enough dice for 5 sets of the starting config.

Sounds like something that should be included in Quarriors! Rise of the Demons subtle hint here.

I don't know. There's already a lot happening between your turns that are going to increase the chance of you losing your creatures in play, so I don't see that adding another player would increase the enjoyment of the game for me. I'm happy keeping the maximum at 4 players.


Agreed. The game is already at its weakest with 4 players so adding a 5th is just going to make that worse. If you've gone to the effort of buying a 2nd set, you may as well just play a 2 and a 3 next to each other.

Contents of the expansion are already known, there aren't components for a 5th player.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilya Bezlyudnyy
Russia
Saratov
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Read the designer's notes about game with more than 4 players: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/3355/designer-diary-th... (scroll down or search for phrase "Five/six Players")
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nelud wrote:
Read the designer's notes about game with more than 4 players: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/3355/designer-diary-th... (scroll down or search for phrase "Five/six Players")


Thank you for the link. I would still like the expansion to allow a 5th player though to be honest. I think it is really a missed opportunity.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
East Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
www.finchleygamesclub.org
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
Nelud wrote:
Read the designer's notes about game with more than 4 players: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/3355/designer-diary-th... (scroll down or search for phrase "Five/six Players")


Thank you for the link. I would still like the expansion to allow a 5th player though to be honest. I think it is really a missed opportunity.


Personally I'd rather they released a 5-6 player expansion as an entirely separate expansion so the people who want the new monsters/spells don't also have to shell out for dice they aren't going to use.

There are 20 dice in the expansion. To add another couple of players you'd need to add a futher 24 dice. I.e. it would double the price of the expansion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Petty
United States
Leander
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been kicking around the idea of buying another set to try out a 5 and 6 player setup. The idea would be to actually have more of each type of die as well (say maybe 7 for 5 players and 10 for 6 players)

A lot of folks have talked about how hard it would be to keep creatures out, and I believe that would be true initially, but as the rounds tick by and the bags get more streamlined with better creatures and spells I think it would be a pretty fun fight to the top.

I think the real downside would be having to buy 2 of every expansion should I find this idea worked well.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.