Agricola: Farmers of the Moor» Forums » General

Subject: Is it easily separated from the base game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Hare
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A question: can this expansion be easily separated if you wanted (having used it) just to play the base game again? i.e. once integrated, can the expansion be reversed, or does the increase in entropy as a result of card and counter mixing make doing so a massive chore?

Many thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing you really mix in with the vanilla components would be the minor improvements. These are easy to remove though because the new minor improvements have a different graphic on the back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Entropy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
The only thing you really mix in with the vanilla components would be the minor improvements. These are easy to remove though because the new minor improvements have a different graphic on the back.

Plus if you're playing "FotM" as per the designer's intent, there's almost nothing to mix. I refer to Level 2 "FotM," in which Occupations and base game Minors are not used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zwiers
Netherlands
Overijssel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Entropy?

Entropy is the scientific connotation to quantify the state of chaos something is in...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hare
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for the replies - I will be buying it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:

Don't the UGOI use a variant whereby they deal four base-game occs and MI and three FoftheM? Or is that the actual rule? If you use that variant, there would be no mixing involved.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
apatheticexecutioner wrote:
rrrrupp wrote:

Don't the UGOI use a variant whereby they deal four base-game occs and MI and three FoftheM? Or is that the actual rule? If you use that variant, there would be no mixing involved.

Brian

We do all kinds of different mixes, including Gamer's Deck and the C- and O-Decks. I always keep them all separate anyway, being a bit OCD about that sort of thing. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.