Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Lags
Australia
Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fizban and I tried this out on the weekend on Vassal using the cloned Turks & French blocks to substitute for Czech ones.

After setup we did the mandatory German D/W on the Czechs and rolled the alliance reactions with only Rumania joining off the initial declaration of war. However this started a cascade of entries that results in France, USSR & Yugo also joining the Allies and Italy & Hungry joining the Axis. The rules were unclear on what should happen in the MF given that scenario so we mostly just ignored it.
It doesn’t look like the British can ever join the war unless by Alliance Reaction?

The Germans attacked the Czech in Sept and the French beat up the Germans in the West. In October the Germans manage to cut national supply between Prague & Brno so that is where we ended it. It was fun to play a game where you didn’t have expectations on how things ‘should’ go, but given the massive variation in possible alliance reactions I’m unsure how the scenario will be balanced? We assumed also that the scenario was self-contained and could never blow up into a real WW2 and we ignored the DE chart for Euro Front. I don’t know if this was correct either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Menconi
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WiOT can be a riot. No two games are quite the same, but don't expect balance. Sometimes a country comes in but can't get troops into the action (USSR isolated behind Poland for example). Sometimes the balance can be so bad (Germany vs. everyone!!) that we'd toss it and re-roll the AR's. The most intriguing facet is how the alliance potentials in Europe changed over just a year or so. Who would think that Poland might side with Germany, but apparently that was the thinking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.