Popular Tags: [View All]
J.D. Webster
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pluto's comments - Just got back from Tony's mini-con in Colorado Springs and want everyone to know that it was a good time had by all.

I'll let others report on the dogfights cause my participation was limited due to being shot down on turn two in the second game by a miracle forward angles gun shot on my MiG-29 by "Sleeper" in his Flanker. In the other games I played in I was unable to convert to a shot with my F-5 against a well flown F-15 by "Fringe" and in the last practice game we did three turns of a 2-v-1, my Falcon against "Killjoy's" and "Shaken's" Eagles. I was able to pass each of them neutral nose to nose more or less but not with any real advantages. That game was stopped due to time.

Let me comment though that I am still quite inexperienced in the BoP game rules and the weekend was a good time for me in that I probably doubled my game time on the system and began to understand it much better with Tony's and Ken's patient (at times) tutelage.

My power point presentation needs improvement but seemed well received. the topic was the evolution of ACM and fighter capabilities from WW-I to Modern times. About 2.5 hours broken up into two parts between Friday and Saturday.

Ken's miniatures and stands are great by the way. When Tony holds this again sometime next year, I highly encourage those of you who like jet age topics to come and attend.

Kudo's to Tony for putting on a good event and being a great and gracious host.

Cheers,

J.D. aka "Pluto"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Lund
Denmark
Århus
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes, Beware the Geek bringing gifts!
mbmbmbmbmb
Would have loved to be there! - looking forward to the AARs

Will your presentation be available, here on BGG or elsewhere?

Check Six!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Ellis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
"In the other games I played in I was unable to convert to a shot with my F-5 against a well flown F-15 by "Fringe"..."

Neither of us were converting a shot at that range, even me with my nose on, so it was a good point to stop. I'd like to finish that fight at some point, perhaps when you're PBEM-comfortable with the system?

"and began to understand it much better with Tony's and Ken's patient (at times) tutelage."

I think I speak for both of us when I say "anytime".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.