Warhammer 40,000» Forums » General

Subject: Sixth Edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I'm contemplating getting into 40k within the next half year or so, but does anyone know of any truth to the rumors of a Sixth Edition ruleset coming out in the near future? I really don't want to purchase the 5th edition rules if they're going to be refined soon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If GW follows their schedule pattern then Yes. In about a year or two the game will be overhauled, again.

You might though want to get the game now as there is absolutely zero guarantee that the eventual 6th Ed will not be somehow worse than current.

It will allmost certainly though be more expensive. Black Reach is currently priced at 99$. 6th ed could hit 125-150$.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Appreciate the response. One more thing: does GW tend to release new/updated miniatures with each new edition/are older models barred from competitive play? Doubt I'll ever play competitively but it's still on my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Johnson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Duck!
mbmbmbmbmb
Allos wrote:
One more thing: does GW tend to release new/updated miniatures with each new edition/are older models barred from competitive play?

Generally you can use older models. Sometimes legal weapon options will change a bit, but generally not a lot. Sometimes the models rules won't be as good in a later edition, but the models themselves are mostly okay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I have been able to discern the biggest difference as far as models go between rules sets, is how many are in a squad/company/mob/box set.

I did jump from 2nd to 5th edition so I don't have some of the arcane wisdom other players have in this regard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Fernandez
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
there are still Chaos Space Marines and Eldar to come, after those have arrived then you could think about 6th edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.