Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Bluffing in MTG and WOWTCG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K K
msg tools
I haven't really play much of both MTG and WOWTCG, but I do know the rules and watch some matches before.

So, my question is how often do you need to bluff when you play these 2 games? Is bluffing something very common or rare in these games. (do you bluff often or just sometimes?)
And after that, comparing both games and see which games requires bluff more often.

Finally, do you see bluffing as a mind challenging feature of a game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
Bluffing is certainly an advanced aspect of the game - experience (or just skill) will tell you that if you're in a spot where you can bluff, like for instance if you are "land flooded" and drawing lots of lands but have plenty on board holding a few back as bluffs would be a good thing.

Usually the mark of a good player is representing a card that they don't have in hand or often times even in their deck.

The problem with bluffing in Magic is, unless your opponents are fairly high caliber opponents as well, bluffing isn't very effective. Representing a counterspell effect in hand with blue mana open isn't the best when the opponent is just lobbing spells at you without thinking.

So, yes, bluffing is a part of MTG but not as much as it could be!

I have no idea about the WoW TCG but I'm sure it has some similar situations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Basically, any game where information is hidden to one player, but known to another, lends itself to bluffing. People are often surprised that you can bluff in bridge. Not just when bidding, but also when playing the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.